Chapter 18: Danger Strikes..

Felix's POV

We were all unconscious, they had knocked us out and left; but something felt extremely wrong. I saw a black van speed away and that's when I noticed the note in front of me. I shot up and scrambled to get it. I began reading it...

Dear Survivors,

Now that we have the young girl and two of the women from your group, if you want to get them back, you better hurry up, before its too late!

The Bandits..

"They're gonna be dead by the time we're finished!" I murmured, scrunching up the note and getting the others to wake up.

"Guys! Get up!" I half shouted, half whispered, it didn't take long for them to look around and realise what had happened.

"We just let them tak---" Ryan was slightly angry.

I knew exactly what he was going to say, I cut him off instantly, "They took Marzia too..." I wiped my eyes quickly, "We need to catch up to them!"

"And they have Mari!" Matt sighed, trying to calm himself down.

"Them bastards!" Ian had fire in his eyes, he walked alongside me, Mark, Matt and Anthony lagging behind. Ryan and Ian were trying to calm me down, but it didn't work. Suddenly, my phone rang, it was Marzia! I grabbed my phone and picked up instantly.

"Hello?" I greeted, a little too loud, listening intensively for an answer.

"Felix? I'm stuck inside a van with Mari and Ashley!" Marzia replied, her Italian accent very shaky.

"Don't worry we're coming to get you! Just tell me where it's heading," I instructed desperately, looking around.

"It's heading to Michigan I need to--" Marzia was cut off.

"Say goodbye to one of your group members, Felix!" A guard answered, his voice gravelly and mysterious.

"N-no!" A voice shrieked down the line, it sounded like Ashley. "BANG!" And the line went dead...

"Marzia?! Ashley?!" I shouted, but it was no use. I put my phone in my pocket and burrowed my head in my hands..

"He better not hurt them!" I mumbled, wiping my eyes again, they were becoming swollen and sore.

All of the guys reassured me as we carried on walking, we noticed tyre marks across the dusty path, they looked like they were engraved into the ground, like they would never fade away. I glanced at the marks and then ahead of me.

"Best chance we've got.." Ryan muttered, scratching his head awkwardly.

"It's the only chance we've got.." I corrected him, sighing sadly.

We walked along the dark tyre marks, following its trail, it was only a matter of time before we found them, right?

Mari's POV

I was trapped with Marzia and a young girl called Ashley, the bandit had bad aim and shot Marzia in the arm, we had stopped the bleeding and luckily, she didn't lose much blood. We were all scared, Marzia wanted Felix, I wanted Matt, and Ashley just wanted to be safe.. The van was somewhat dark, but cracks of light shone through the van's dented rear, making it seem quite dim; The Bandits could be heard from the back..

"What are we gonna do with them?" One asked, his voice deep and pitful.

"Well, we're gonna either kill 'em or see if their group can catch up to us!" the other laughed evilly, his voice more grouchy, paying attention to the road.

Marzia started shaking and crying a little, she was extremely scared and was holding her arm in sadness, it still looked painful. Ashley was holding her head in agony, I had no idea what to do.. The van violently jolted, causing Ashley (who was the lightest) to smash against the van doors head first, she instantly winced in pain and her eyes started to fill with tears. I went to help her, and that's when a small alarm went off, not drawing attention outside, but distracting the Bandits.

"DON'T MOVE!" One of the Bandits shouted, opening the van doors. He saw Ashley in front of him and grabbed her instantly, beating her up, "That'll teach you to stay put!" Ashley yelped and cried in pain, I got really angry at one point and charged for him.

"Let go of her!" I shouted, pushing him off her, he flinched and forcefully grabbed me, throwing me to the floor and getting back into the van, speeding away with Ashley and Marzia. I felt my sight go dim as a few figures approached me.

Matt's POV

As we walked quickly along the trail, there was a woman lying on the floor, it was Mari. The sound of skidding, filling the deserted forest.

"Mari? Mari!" I ran to her body, shaking her to wake up. Her eyelids fluttered open and her vision seeming hazy.

"Matt?" She mumbled, getting up and hugging me, "T-They drove off with Marzia and Ashley.." Mari continued, burrowing her head in her hands.

"Its not your fault.." I reassured her, rubbing her back and shushing her comfortingly.

"W-Who did they shoot?" Felix stuttered, shaking a little and holding his gun unsteadily at his side.

"T-They shot Marzia in the arm and beat up Ashley.." Mari stammered, "I couldn't do anything! They were aiming guns at us.."

"We need to get them...Before they hurt them more!" Ian shouted almost, he was right, the sooner we got moving, the better chance we would have of catching up to them.

Anthony's POV

More tyre marks scattered the forest floor, making an obvious path of direction, we continued to follow it until we came across walkers. Mari was the first to grab her gun, Felix throwing her the silencer, she thanked him quietly, took aim and fired. The walkers fell to the floor like dead flies, their rotting corpses filling the air. You never get used to the smell.. Mari passed back the silencer and holstered her gun.

"If we don't catch up to them before they get to Michigan, how long will it take?" I asked Felix, trying to keep him calm.

He sighed hesitantly, "Just under two weeks by foot...we need a vehicle if we're gonna make it in time..."

"Everyone keep your eyes out for anything that could help us out. After all, you never know." Mark explained, reloading his rifle and putting it back in its holster.

Blood stained the desert-like pathway, it hadn't rained for a while, which made the path crumbly and stiff. Footprints covered the area, the forest much more silent than before. And then finally, after hours of walking, we came across an abandoned vehicle.

Mark's POV

We came across a 7 seater, which was convenient since there were 6 of us, the car wasn't too bad, but it wasn't as good as the previous car we had. We leaped into the car and drove off.

"Now we'll be able to cover more ground." Felix declared, feeling slightly happier, but the realization of how brutal The Bandits could be, made him much much sadder. The forest was very strangely quiet, Walkers were nowhere to be seen and not a living breath could be heard, it was like we were the only survivors in America.

"Would be convient if we knew where we were going.." Matt hinted, looking across at Felix.

"Well, the tyre marks are our best shot at the moment.." Ryan replied, Edgar sitting on his lap.

"And what about if they fade away?" Mari inquired, Maya sitting on her lap.

"They literally look like they are engraved into the ground, I don't think they'll be fading anytime soon." I laughed a little, along with everyone else.

"Well then, what are we waiting for, let's get at 'em!" Ian smirked, sitting back in his seat.

ObsessedWithY0uTube

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please follow me and add this to your library to find out when I update. The next couple of chapters will get intense AND I have a new book coming out at the end of this week! So stay tuned and....

PEACE OUT X3