Chapter 45: It's Almost Over...

Picture: The car they find.

Ryan's POV

Alice... She's dead... Right before us, mauled by walkers, her eyes still open, like she was just staring up into the sky. She looked oddly peaceful, but she was gone, Mark and Anthony couldn't cope, neither could I...

"A-Alice?!" Mark shrieked, running towards her blood stricken body.

"T-This can't be f-fucking happening!" Anthony whisper-yelled, burrowing his head in his hands.

"I-Is she g-going to t-turn?" Lola whispered in immense fright.

"N-No! S-She won't! S-She'll be okay! I c-can save her.." Mark stammered, panicking vastly.

But it was too late... She turned, her eyes lost all of its green glory, and her skin grew into a ghastly white colour. Mark could've broke down in tears, Anthony was just distraught as he held himself back. Alice's frail, weak form was crawling towards Lola, everyone just froze up like they were in slow motion. Lola backed up quite quickly, she tripped backwards, yelping in pain but still trying to shuffle back as quickly as she could, fumbling about with a gun that lay on the side, it all happened so fast... She quickly checked its ammo before quickly shooting her in the head, Lola was already in tears, hyperventilating too.

"W-Why would y-you?!" Mark yelled at Lola, I calmed him down.

"M-Mark.. S-Stop... It h-had to be d-done.." I replied, rubbing his back.

"I-I'm so s-sorry!!" Lola trembled, continuing to hyperventilate. Jack went to her side to comfort her.

"It's o-okay L-Lola.." Jack hugged her gently, "T-Things like t-this happen..." He tried to help her stand, but he couldn't, Lola's leg was broken.

"Oh shit.... We gotta get the hell out of here!" Felix instructed in fear, backing up. A herd was approaching us now, even bigger than before. Everyone ran, Jack picked up Lola bridal style, catching up to the rest of us. She clutched onto him tightly as we continued to run, not knowing where the hell we were running to.

"Do we even know where the hell we're supposed to go?!" Ian bellowed, running as fast as he could.

"No idea, but just keep running!" Jack replied back, still clutching tightly onto Lola.

Running, running, running, for hours straight, we didn't stop. We may have gotten tired or hungry but we continued anyway. We had nothing now, no change of clothes, no food, or even basic care. We were fucked. But then, that's when we approached a car, it was just what we needed. A 7 seater luckily. It was a big, black Range Rover, a little dusty, but would still do the trick. Oddly enough, the doors were locked, but the keys were inside the car.

Without hesitation, Felix smashed open the driver's window with his elbow, unlocking all the doors and jumping inside.

"Get in guys!!" Felix shrieked, starting the engine. Jack sat in the front with Felix, Lola in his arms, I sat in the second row with Mark and Anthony, and Ian sat at the back.. The car whizzed away, driving over tons of craters in the road.

Ian's POV

The herd was soon disappearing into the misty area as we finally got away from them, the pitch black night sky blanketing most of the stars, but the moon could still be seen clearly through the dark, misty sky.

"Wait! Wait! Stop!" Jack said quickly, causing Felix to come to a halt.

"What? What is it?" Felix glance across at Jack, very confused.

"I-It's a minefield..." Lola mumbled, pointing to the pieces of metal with bleeping lights that scattered the road.

"We can go over them, but very slowly.." Jack explained, looking over at Felix.

"If we go too fast, then we're screwed..." I interrupted, quite worried as to what would happen next.

Felix restarted the engine, slowly but surely going over the mines, he had pretty good control, he finally reached the end of the minefield. A continuous beeping could be heard, Mark went wide eyed, whilst everyone else stayed confused.

"Felix! Step on it!" Mark shouted, as Felix quickly stepped on the gas pedal, speeding away. As we drove off, there was an explosion, causing the entire car to rattle.

"W-We made it... Holy shit, that was close.." Anthony remarked, leaning back in relief.

"Y-Yeah... At least we got away..." Ryan sighed, adjusting his mask slightly.

The rest of the car ride was quiet, Ryan, Jack, Lola and Anthony were all sleep. And soon, I dozed off as well.

Felix's POV

Pretty much everyone had fallen asleep now, it was just me who was awake. I swear this has been the biggest journey I've ever made, from New Orleans to L.A, L.A to Mississippi, Mississippi to Michigan, Michigan to Detroit and finally Detroit to Atlanta. All of us have pretty much traveled half way across America, which is just plain insane.

The car engine rumbled lightly as the road began to get bumpier again, It was just starting to become early morning now, 6:23am to be precise. All this time alone made me think about how much I'd been through. Marzia, Ashley, Ken, Minx, Matt, David, Mari, Joshua, everyone I had practically knew well had died. Just hope I'll see them again one day.

"BING!" Another text, from Dan again.

Dan: Look up :)

Following Dan's direction, I looked up to see a massive wall, but I knew exactly where we were....

We had made it.

We had made it to Camp Ailmoor.

ObsessedWithY0uTube

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please follow me and add to your library to find out when I update, a vote is always appreciated :3. So sorry for the late update guys! ;-; If you want to make sure you know which books I'm updating, then please check out my Diary blog.

The Life Of A Fangirl: Me!

Anyway guys! More updates coming soon! So stay tuned and...

PEACE OUT X3