Chapter 25: Tears For All....

Picture: What Ashley looks like (But in this case she's supposed to be 14).
Video: Sad music to go with the chapter..(You can read the chapter and listen to the music)

Normal POV

Ashley looked behind her as she heard ice crack, Mark was surrounded by cracks, she was scared stiff.

"Ashley! You can help him! You're lighter than me!" Alexia shouted, but the look in her eyes were not filled with worry, they were filled with demand.
Hesitantly, Ashley listened to her, moving closer and closer to him. She ignored his plead to not help him.

"Don't! Stop it!" Mark tried to stop her but it was already too late.

"G-Grab my hand.." Ashley stuttered, reaching out. He grabbed her hand as she slowly pulled him away from the cracks, but as she pulled him away, Ashley moved backwards slightly, standing on the cracks. She looked down and before she could do anything, Ashley fell through the ice.

"AHHHH!" She screamed loudly, she tried to grab the icy ledge, but went under instantly.

"ASHLEY!" Ian and Ryan shouted, they ran all the way back onto the ice, they didn't care, Ashley was all that mattered to them.

"Shit! Where is she?!" Ryan shrieked, desperately looking through the icy water.

"It's too late!" Alexia screamed, trying to stop them verbally.

'SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!" Ian yelled, looking into the water. 4 minutes later, they found her.

Ian quickly pulled her up, she was still breathing, but she was wheezing.

"Ashley! Are you okay?" Ian questioned desperately.

******************************

Ian's POV

I held Ashley and ran all the way back onto dry land, she was shivering in my arms, so I held her close to me, to keep her warm.

"Y-You're gonna be okay..." I stammered, staring at her scared light blue eyes.

"I-It's t-too l-late..." Ashley trembled, shaking in my arms.

"N-No it's not!" I stuttered, desperately trying to preserve body heat.

"D-Don't think l-like that...." Ryan stuttered, hiding his tears the best he could, which needless to say, wasn't very well; but no one could at this point. "Y-You'll survive.." He sounded sort of hesistant, but tried to stay hopeful.

"I-I'm s-scared I-Ian..." she whispered shakily. I was trying so badly to hold back tears of regret, but I couldn't, so by then, I had tears all over my face.

"D-Don't worry! Y-You'll be okay.." I kept saying, I was extremely determined to not lose Ashley. I took off her soaking icy coat and quickly put my jacket around her to try and keep her warm and dry.

"T-Thank y-you... f-for t-taking c-care o-of m-me..." Ashley wheezed, she was very cold in my arms, but my body heat couldn't help her at all, nor could my jacket. I looked up at the guys, Anthony was sobbing, but trying to hide his tears, Felix was desperately holding his tears back, Ryan had tears in his eyes that were threatening to fall and Mark was wiping and blinking a lot.

As I looked back down at Ashley, she felt lighter in my arms, she wasn't talking or even breathing, I couldn't feel her pulse and her eyes were still open; all source of life was drained from her body. She was... gone.

"N-No.....A-Ashley...D-Don't do this to me... I-I don't want you to die..." I cried, holding her body close to me, she died in my arms and there was no hope of her coming back alive. I carefully and gently shut her eyelids and held her close to me, feeling her ice-encrusted, pale skin on my warm hands...