Chapter 14: Victim and Survivor..

Unknown POV

I ran through the forest, frantically holding my arm, I was bitten and I couldn't do anything about it. It had been only a couple of hours since I got bit, I could already feel the bite moving through my arm, poisoning my blood with zombie blood, I was going to turn in under 48 hours, I could tell. While holding my arm tightly, I continued running through the forest, I saw smoke from above, finally! Maybe these people can help me!

Ryan's POV

I decided to take first watch, Ashley wanted to too, I let her; but under strict rules, she nodded, taking in all the information.
We were looking over the area, when we spotted a figure of a young woman, clutching her arm, she was crouching almost, completely covered in blood and she had purple highlights...Oh shit!

"M-Minx?" I stammered, looking into the thick, dark forest, it was starting to get foggy.

"C-Cry?" Minx yelped, shaking and shuddering, as she crouched towards us, clasping her arm in agony.

"W-What happened?" I asked worryingly.

"I could ask you the same question!" She replied, laughing a little, her laughter soon turned to a frown, "I'm bit,"

"W-What?! No!" I was shaking slightly, "I got shot in the stomach because I was trying to save Ashley," I pointed to her, she was shivering.

"I-Isn't there any cure!!" Ashley bit her lip, quaking in fear.

"No...There isn't.." Minx sighed deeply.

"T-T-Then we have to..." Ashley stopped, she couldn't say the last bit.

"Yeah..you do..You don't want to see me like that." Minx clasped her arm again.

"I can imagine.." Ashley whispered.

"Her..Mum..." I trailed off, I didn't want to go into details, but Minx understood.

"I'm sorry about your Mum..." Minx replied sadly, looking to the ground.

"How long do you reckon you have left?" I asked, clearing my throat.

Minx examined the bite. "Well...At least over 24 hours.." She sighed.

The Next Morning...

Felix's POV

Ryan told me about Minx, I was extremely upset, we had been good friends for as long as I could remember...And she was already starting to go pale. While checking our supplies, I started talking to Minx.

"How the hell did you get bitten?" I questioned, curiously.

Minx sighed, "Its a long story.."

******************************

*FlashBack*

Minx's POV

I walked slowly and steady, I was covered in walker guts, trying to get past the horde; not daring to look back, my group had been caught by bandits, I was the only one who made it out of the prison, along with a guy named Josh and a girl named Scarlett. The rest had been killed by the bandits themselves, there was about 10 of us; it was a lucky escape. We stayed low, still and quiet, gently pushing past the walkers, our weapons in hand. As we were escaping the prison, there were people up top with automatic guns, shooting the walkers, but they were going to wash over this place no matter what...

"We need to..--" Josh was cut off when he was instantly shot in the neck, it pierced right through, making him yelp in pain, "AGHHH!" He couldn't take the pain, and in less than a minute, walkers were all over him, chewing him up like no tomorrow.