Chapter 6: We Meet Again..

Unknown POV

As I walked from behind the forest, I noticed 5 people, two were familiar and the other three were two guys and a young girl. Before I could say anything, I was being wrestled by a walker, this one was strong. The young girl limped towards me, and shot the walker.

"Are you ok?" the girl asked

"Uh yeah I am, thanks!" I got up, I think she recognized my mask.

"Cry?" the girl asked, she was gobsmacked

"Yeah, that's me, I prefer Ryan though" I said, smiling a little, pulling the mask from my face.

"This has to be a dream!" the girl exclaimed. "I'm Ashley!"

"Nice to meet you!" I shook her hand. I walked over to Felix and Marzia and gave them a hug.

"Cry!" Felix exclaimed. "You seen Ken yet?"

"No I think he was visiting his family in Mississippi." I replied

"Oh crap!" Ashley shrieked "Is Mississippi in the south east?"

"Yeah it is, why?" I asked, confused.

"The south east is the most infected!!" Ashley looked extremely scared. "We have to help him!"

"How do you know it's the most infected?" I asked, innocently. Ashley showed me a crumpled note that they found in a walker's pocket.

"Ok! We need to go there!" I ordered.

"Then that's our goal." Felix stated, I'd always seen him as a natural leader. "Ken is a good friend of mine, and we're gonna help him!"
We all agreed to go to the south.

"Hi I'm Ryan." I greeted Ian and Anthony
"Hi, Nice to meet you!" they responded.

"Do you have a WORKING vehicle, Ryan?" Felix asked

"Yeah, I do, It's not mine, but it still works," I replied "Why do you say it like that?"

"Cause the last time we had a car we ended up crashing cause of faulty breaks, its also the reason why Ashley is limping, her leg is broken. We've had to carry her a few times, but she insisted she was fine!"

"Damn" I sighed

We continued walking, carrying our guns tightly.
"It's this way!" I pointed into the thick forest, "Follow me."

"Right behind you!" Felix grinned.

After about half an hour of walking, while finally came across a new-ish Range Rover, which was a little dirty. Luckily, the car had 7 seats, meaning that there would be one spare, I sat in the drivers seat, Ashley sat next to me, Felix was in the next row with Marzia, Ian and Anthony sat in the row behind them. There was one spare seat next to Felix. Maya was sitting on Marzia's lap and Edgar was sitting on Felix's lap.

I started the engine and drove off, Felix, Marzia, Ian and Anthony were already in a conversation. So that left me and Ashley to talk to each other.

"So..How did you find out about this mess?" I asked, paying attention to the road and checking my side mirrors.

"Well, they said on the news that there was an 'Outbreak' in the area, when I went to bed that night, I ended up waking up at around 4:30am to hear my Mom screaming," Ashley continued, "I helped her hold the door, but it slammed open, the next thing I knew, my Mom was being wrestled by a walker; I tried to help her, but she told me to save myself, her last words were 'I love you Ashley' and then she was bitten.." Ashley started to cry silently, I handed her a tissue and rubbed her back reassuringly.