Chapter 17: Too Late To Apologise...

Warning: It is very Graphic.

Ashley's POV

I sighed, "I suppose you want to know why I cut.." Felix and Ian smirked a little, nodding slightly. I moved my fringe from my face and looked down.
"So basically.."

*FlashBack*

Everyone was still asleep, I just saw my zombified best friend get shot in the head...I only spoke to her a few weeks ago, it's just horrible. She was there for me when my dad passed away, she's been there this whole time, but now she's gone and she's never coming back..
I stared at my pocket knife and held it in my hand, tears slowly falling down my face, I gently moved my finger over the blade. Sharp. I placed the knife near my wrist, praying that I wouldn't bleed out, I felt the feeling of regret as soon as I carefully scraped the knife along my wrist. Blood oozing out of my arm, I couldn't make it stop as I cut my arm for the second time, this cut was much deeper. Pain traced its way along my right arm, making me feel dizzy, I started murmuring, sobbing quietly and uncontrollably. I still cut. My vision started to go blurry as I saw a figure crawl towards me, it looked like Ryan. I felt my body fall back and then someone catching me. I was on the verge of passing out.

"Ashley? Ashley!" Ryan hissed, desperately trying to wake me up, I felt him wipe my arm, applying pressure. He crossed his legs and tried to sit me up. No luck.

"Is she okay?" Mark whispered, looking at my arm.

"I don't know!" Ryan snapped, worryingly.

I carefully tried to sit up, still feeling dizzy, I was sitting on Ryan's leg, my head resting on his right shoulder.

"W-What happened?" I mumbled, my eyes fluttering open.

"You nearly bled out, but we woke up just in time," Mark explained, still trying to stop the bleeding.

"H-How am I bleeding?" I murmured, looking up at Ryan and wincing.

"I think you self-harmed...But why?" Ryan asked, letting me lie back a little.

"I think I'm just stressed...I lost my entire family and friends right before my eyes.." I whispered crying a little, Ryan shushed me comfortingly, as they both continued to sort out my wounds.

"It's stop bleeding for now," Mark stated, examining my wrist. "But there's no doubt that its going to bleed again.."

"You need to let us know if it starts bleeding again or if you feel dizzy, okay?" Ryan offered, gently rolling my sleeve back up.

"Okay," I lied a little, I knew for certain I wouldn't have the guts to say anything about it. "You can't tell the others about this okay? That'll just cause more stress..And we all know what that leads to"

Mark and Ryan looked at each other in doubt, they listened to me, but I knew they didn't want me to get hurt anymore than I was...

*End of FlashBack*

I looked down in shame, as Felix and Ian comforted me. To me, they were like older brothers I never had, they were there for me, along with everyone else.

"Like Ian said earlier, we're gonna make sure you don't get injured anymore.." Felix promised, he was completely determined, I believed him for a second.

"You don't have to promise anything..." I sighed, "This is a zombie apocalypse, anything could happen!"

Me, Ian and Felix were talking until we noticed Ryan, Mark, Matt and Anthony wake up.