Chapter 23: Heartbreak...

Marzia's POV

This apocalypse is getting out of control, The A-Virus can be airbourne? That means that you can turn without getting bitten, one inhale of the airbourne Virus and you can turn just like that.

"What else do you know about this Virus?" I asked, looking at Alexia.

"Well, the A-Virus can become airbourne depending on its surroundings, if its an open area like this, then its not so apparent. But if its in a closed space, like underground or something like that, the air will be contagious.." Alexia explained, moving her hair out of her face. "When its airbourne, you pass out from breathing in too much after about 5 minutes... I know this because half of my group died from it, they turned just like that.."

"I'm sorry to hear that.." Felix sighed, "Can't really control this shit no more.."

"Yeah.. It's all a fucking mess.." Alexia huffed, looking out of the window.

The car jolted violently, everyone was slightly confused as no one knew what was happening.

"What's going on?" Ryan asked, his jaw dropped when he looked through the windscreen.

"Holy shit...." Ian muttered, being careful to not awaken Ashley, who was asleep on his side

"Isn't there a way around?" I questioned innocently, looking at the gas tanker that was tipping over the edge of the motor way.

"Damn it." Felix facepalmed and pushed his hair back in frustration.

Alexia sighed again, "Looks like we're continuing on foot.."

We all exited the car once again and began walking, the air seemed unusually dusty and misty, especially in the sun. The path was hard and stiff like wet sand, but tough and crumbly like broken tarmac. We all grabbed our gear from the car, Alexia took her technical equipment and whipped out her air sensor, the emotion on her face proved that she was confused and alert too.

"Guys...Be careful around here, I'm picking up mild signals of The A-Virus, it's in the air." Alexia warned, "That's not possible...It shouldn't occur in an open area.." She looked a little scared as she tapped on her device, "There's more up ahead," She grabbed all the gas masks she had.

"How many gas masks do you have?" Mari and Joshua asked worryingly.

"10..." Alexia turned around with the gas masks in hand.

"That's good then, I've got a gas mask of my own." Ryan smirked, showing his mask to us.

"Beware as well, these things can mess up sometimes... It's happened before, so let me know if you feel any pain in your throat or if you start coughing.." She warned again, putting on her gas mask.

All of us equipped our gas masks and walked cautiously through the infected open area, I started to feel a little light-headed, a headache coming along too. I was getting those a lot lately. As we walked through the area, Alexia notified us of any rise or drop in the air.

"Shit...Be careful guys, the reading is getting higher.." Alexia huffed, holding up her detector.

"I hope we all make it through this..." Ashley stated, walking close to Ian.

"We will, don't worry Ashley..." Ian comforted her as they continued walking with the rest of us, you never saw them apart; they were extremely close to each other, no one could separate them.

"Okay good... the readings are dropping," Alexia sounded slightly happier that we were now getting away from the toxic air. "It's gone." She gleamed as she took off her gas masks, the rest of us followed.