Chapter 37: Regret...

Picture: Steph, Zane and Samantha.

Alice's POV

Soon, we were miles away, we could hear arrows being shot, and then shouting.

"I-I'll never forgive myself if they get hurt..." I whispered, Ryan had his arm around me, trying to calm me down.

"It won't be your fault, okay?" Ryan talked softly, as I leaned my head against his shoulder, "I'm sure they'll get out of it, think positive.." Ryan spoke words of wisdom, I nodded.

We walked for many more miles and that's when there was a group of 10 Bandits and... Jacob.

"Hehe! Told you I'd be back!" Jacob smirked evilly, he eyed my body, and that made me scared. He yanked my arm forward, The Bandits aimed weapons at the rest of my group, so they couldn't get to me.

"HEY! Don't you fucking hurt her!" Ryan yelled, he withheld himself back since he had around 10 rifles aimed at him.

Jacob grabbed me by my hair and held a knife to my neck as I tried to squirm out of his grip. "Any of you move, and I'll kill her! Whether she's my ex or not!" He grinned deviously.

"And you're probably wondering who hurt those 4 people before they turned.. That was us. But you can't do anything about it!" A Bandit spoke up, cocky as fuck.

"WHAT?!" Jack shouted, turning red with anger, clenching his fists. He took one glance at Mark and they nodded at each other, they slowly but surely got their guns out, The Bandits not noticing.

"Let me go Jacob!" I screamed, still trying to break free.

"Watch yourself Alice! You wouldn't want to bleed out now would you!" He smirked evilly, one of his hands wrapped around my waist.. I felt violated as he clenched harder, making blood form on my neck.

Jack and Mark had enough, with fire in their eyes, they quickly grabbed their guns out and shot every single Bandit in seconds. Jack approached Jacob before he could make the slightest move.

"Not so strong now are you?" Jack glared at him and punched him in the face, Ryan and Mark caught me before I could fall. Felix helped alongside Jack.

"Its o-okay Alice.. J-Just move your hand from your neck..." I hesitantly moved my hand, Mark quickly grabbed some medical stuff and wiped my neck... All that was left was a long scar, they helped me up.

"I don't think he'll be after us anymore.." Jack sighed angrily and Felix stood up, crossing his arms. We all stared at Jacob's dead body in distinguished anger. Looking away, we walked on, leaving the corpse covered scene.

"G-Good.." I trembled, wincing at the pain in my neck. "God, I feel violated..."

"Hey... You'll be okay, I'll make sure of it, alright?" Ryan replied reassuringly, I nodded weakily and sighed, hoping to forget about Jacob for the rest of my life. I know that Ryan thinks he can protect me, but I've had to straw out a web of lies, to make sure they wouldn't find out what've been hiding for a long time...

"Let's go, I'm getting sick of these stupid signs and surroundings, I just wanna get to the damn camp..." Felix huffed, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, I've seen enough forest to last me a lifetime..." Jack looked down, turning around to walk away, the rest of us followed.

We continued walking, spread out from each other, I still felt extreme guilt about Anthony, Ian, Paige and Arixa, I felt like it was my fault they went...

Felix's POV

The forest seemed never-ending, were we ever going to reach the cities? But now that I mention it, it probably isn't as safe as we think, however, it's the quickest way to reach the biggest camp in America... The trees covered most of the skies, making it seem like a open tunnel, cracks of light shone through the tree's leaves and an open area was exposed at the end of the forest, thank god!

"Finally we'll be out of this god damned forest!" I huffed, but with happiness.

"You can say that again," Jack smirked and sighed thankfully, adjusting his grey cap.

"So do you have any idea where this camp is?" Ryan kept his arm around Alice's shoulders in comfort, they were like brother and sister. I kinda hope he doesn't get too close to Alice, but hopefully we won't lose her like we lost Ashley... I'll never forgive Alexia for that.. I wish Marzia was still here...

"Well, not really.." I chuckled lightly, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "All I know is that its in Georgia somewhere..."

"Camp Ailmoor?" Alice suddenly blurted out, we were all surprised and turned to look at her. "It's in Atlanta.."

"I think so.." I replied, nodding and gazing at the map in my hands, "It makes sense...There's a place called Ailmoor in Atlanta..."

(Yes that was made up xD)

"You know about it?" Mark asked, his jaw dropped slightly.

Alice nodded feebly, "My... older brother was travelling there.. but we ended up being seperated... I hope he's there..." She nervously bit her nails, she was hiding something... I could tell...

"I'm sure he will be." Ryan comforted her, he did his best to reassure her. He was the positive one of the group..

By the time we had finished talking, we were finally out of the woods and we were now on a hill, a sign nearby said
'Georgia, Atlanta 500 miles'

"Are you serious?!" I shouted almost, sighing deeply. But then my jaw dropped to the view we could see...

There were many other hills surrounding us, but then we stumbled across a massive city view. Oddly, street lamps were on and they still had power, maybe Atlanta wasn't so bad after all..

"C'mon guys, we got a long way to go..." Mark spoke aloud and sighed, leading on. I think he just wanted to get to the Camp as soon as possible. We all did...

ObsessedWithY0uTube

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please follow me and add to your library to find out when I update, a vote is always appreciated :3. What do you think will happen next? Comment below! Keep A Secret... and Everlasting Love are now out! So check them and let me know what you think! More Overrun!, Keep A Secret... and Everlasting Love are coming soon! So stay tuned and...

PEACE OUT X3