Chapter 7: Time is Running Out..

Ryan's POV

When we got back into the car, I comforted Ashley.

"Y-you saved me!" she stuttered, she seemed to be shocked.

"I'd seen a lot of deaths this apocalypse, no one else moved and I couldn't bare to see another one.." I replied.

"Shall we try calling Ken?" Felix offered

"Ok, Let's use my phone." I suggested, I whipped out my phone and dialed Ken's number. 'Beep! Beep Beep! Beep!'

"Hello?" Ken answered the phone, he was whispering.

"Are you ok?" Felix replied, looking worried

"I'm hiding out, this area is the worst infected!" Ken stuttered. Just then, an explosion went off. "Agh! Fuc-- DUNNNNN"

The line cut off.

"Ken!" I shouted, it was no use, there was no response.
Ashley saw walkers from behind us.

"WE HAVE TO GO!! NOW!" Ashley screamed and stuttered.
"I-I-I hope Ken will be ok!"

"You and me both." I moved my hand across my face.

I sped away from the shop, we seriously need to get to Mississippi, Ken was in a serious situation.

We continued driving along, we must have been driving for 2 and a half hours straight, I was beginning to feel sleepy.

"Hey, Felix?" I asked sleepily

"Yeah?" Felix replied

"Can you take over the wheel for me?" I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"Yeah sure!" Felix agreed. we stopped the car so me and Felix could switch places, I fell asleep at 12am, Felix continued driving.

******************************

Felix's POV

I looked into the rear view mirror, Marzia was asleep, Ryan was asleep and so was Ian and Anthony, that left me and Ashley to make conversation.

"So, do you have Google Maps?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah I do, but only screenshots, I don't exactly have a free wifi contract, but it should still help." Ashley whispered, she put her IPhone in the phone holder. Perfect fit.

Now that I had a better idea of where we were going, I continued driving for a couple of hours.

"Do we have enough weapons and ammo to survive in the south east?" Ashley asked, innocently

"We should do, depends how much stuff Cry has. We'll ask him in the morning" I replied, checking Google Maps and turning left slowly. By the time it hit 2am, Ashley fell asleep and I was the only one awake. I decided to pull over at a gas station. I gently opened the car door and locked it, I walked over to the pumps to see if they were working, they were, but only just. I filled up the tank and got back into the car, I locked the doors once more, making sure there were no walkers about and I fell asleep.

******************************

Ashley's POV

I was running very fast, Felix, Ian, Anthony, Marzia and Ryan were nowhere to be seen, I kept running, but I fell over. I got up as fast as I could and continued running, a herd of walkers were after me, I accidentally ran into a corner, there was no way I could
jump up and reach the wall, it was way too high. So I was trapped, I didn't have a weapon, the herd was coming closer and closer and....AHHHHHHHH!

I gasped and I was breathing heavily. I looked at the time onmy IPhone, 8:26am. Felix woke up just minutes later.

"You okay?" he murmured, stretching in his seat.

"Y-yeah, it was just a nightmare..." I mumbled

"What happened?" Felix questioned.

"I was being chased by a herd of walkers, you guys were nowhere to be found, I got cornered and then the dream ended.." I felt kinda embarrassed, why the hell am I having these kind of nightmares at 14 years old?!

After that quick conversation, Ryan had woken up.

"Hey..guys.." Ryan murmured, yawning.

"So, how many supplies do you have Ryan?"

"I have: 5 clips of ammo, two guns, some food and water and some medicine." Ryan replied

"Good! Along with the supplies the rest of us have, we should be just fine." Felix nodded
By that time, Marzia, Anthony and Ian had woken up and Felix continued driving. The road was very bumpy, cracks and overgrown grass was scattered along it. I started coughing a lot, it started to get painful.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asked, he sounded concerned.

I cleared my throat "Yeah...Im getting there."

"Here, there's some spare cough sweets, have one of those," Felix offered me a Soothers and put them back in the spare bag.

"Thank you." I smiled, the taste of the cough sweet was revolting, but if it was to help my severe coughing, then I'd deal with. Cough medicine tastes worse, its very bitter and there's no sweetness, or even a pleasuring sour taste, just pure bitterness.

I sucked on the sweet, it helped my throat, but I can tell you, it was a lot harder trying to swallow the flavouring and not barf, than actually putting it in my mouth. Felix looked back at the Google Maps screenshots as he was driving, he looked into his rear and side view mirrors.

"How long will it take to get to Mississippi?" I asked

"Around about a day and a half.." Felix replied, his voice saddened.

"It might be too late." Tears began to form in my eyes, making my vision blurry once more.

"Don't think like that, yeah? Ryan reassured me, "If we have some hope, then we'll have a better chance." I could tell he was lying a little bit, but I had to have some kind of hope, right?

We must have drove for another couple of hours, until Felix got a bit tired and Anthony took his place.

"So, we have Google Maps, right?" Anthony asked

"Yup!" I replied

As we were driving, we heard explosions, Anthony offered to check it out, so did I.

"Guys, stay here, I'm gonna go see what that was all about," Anthony ordered politely

"I'll come with you!" I offered
"But--" Felix started, before anyone could say anything, I got out the car with Anthony. As we got closer and closer, another explosion happened, this one was a lot stronger than the last, me and Anthony were knocked off our feet. CRACK! My broken right leg, snapped again. My left arm started to feel excruciating with pain, then it felt wet...I started to lose consciousness. I heard slams of car doors and my name repeated over and over again....

ObsessedWithY0uTube

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please follow me and add to your library to find out when I update, a vote is always appreciated :3. More chapters await! So stay tuned and...

PEACE OUT X3