Chapter 19: Stressed Out..

Ashley's POV

They had beaten me black and blue, I was covered in bruises and Marzia couldn't do anything about it. My face was burning, tears streaming down my cheeks, my body fragile and shaky, I could barely move. Whenever The Bandits would be out of site, I would try and text Felix from Marzia's phone, but I would always get caught and get beaten once again. I'd never get to send the message. They let us keep our phones for some mindless reason.

"W-Why...are you...doing this?" I mumbled, rolling up my sleeve to reveal my scarred arm that I needed to check.

"Because we have to!" the guy grabbed my arm violently, trying to get me to shut up. I winced aloud in pain, his fingers digging into my wound.

"L-Leave her alone!" Marzia trembled, shaking in fear, she was scared to speak up, but did so anyway.

"If you don't want to get hurt viciously, I'd pipe down if I were you!" He warned Marzia, eyeing her evilly.

The guy let go from my wound, it started bleeding again and there was nothing to stop it.

"How much longer?" The guy shouted to the Bandits upfront.

"Around a few days.. We should get to camp by then, hopefully with a cure," They replied, swerving in another direction.

"W-Wait...Are we test subjects?" I stuttered, tears still rolling down my face.

"Yeah. Now shut the fuck up!" He spat, aiming a gun at me.

I stayed silent but then realized what was going to happen, I remember when around the time this apocalypse just started, there was warnings not to go to the camps...Oh no....

******************************

Ian's POV

We continued following the dark tyre marks, as we were going over the dusty, bumpy road, the car didn't make a sound; we were grateful, but it was still strange.. The radio randomly came on, static was all that could be heard for 2 long minutes. I think it was a callout, but it was too scratchy to tell. Then a clear voice spoke.

The Callout

If there's anyone out there, you need to stop The Bandits, they're the leaders of many different camps all over America. They'll steal your group members, they want a cure, so they kidnap other people. To test if they are immune or not, they force them to get bitten, if they aren't, they either turn or get shot in the head. If they are, The Bandits have to get a sample of the brain tissue, but when doing so, it will kill the person anyway. So if you're out there, the most frequent camps are in Michigan and Mississippi, get your friends, and kill The Bandits..

The radio caused static once again, then went dead.

"W-We need to get to the camps as soon as possible! Immune or not, we need to save them!" Ryan stuttered slightly, he was angry that no one could do anything at this point.

"Look, we don't even have a plan!" Anthony shouted, "We get there and then what?!"

"We improvise!" Felix yelled, everyone was stressed out.

"That's not a plan! You don't plan to improvise!" Anthony argued, leaning back and huffing.

"Well have you got any better fucking ideas Anthony?!" Felix snapped, trying to concentrate on the road.

"No, but we can't just make it up as we go along! We'll end up dead like that! We need to think it through!" Anthony made sense and this made Felix shut up, but got everyone else arguing.

"EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" I shrieked, everyone went completely silent, "If we keep arguing, its not gonna get us anywhere! If we just calm down and listen to each other, we might actually get a plan!"

"I have an idea..." Mark muttered, he talked a little louder, "There's 7 of us, there's only going to be like 3 Bandits upfront, guarding."

Mari chimed in, "So we could shoot them, unexpectedly. And go in disguise"

Matt continued, "Then we could sneak them both out and shoot any Bandits that get in our way,"

"And then get into the car and get the hell out of Michigan." Mark finished, shrugging a little.

"That's another problem.." Felix mumbled, pushing his hair back and clutching the wheel tightly.

I realized what Felix was going to say, "There's gonna be a capacity problem isn't there?" I looked across at him, my mind completely out of ideas.

"Yup.." Felix sighed, turning left.

"Oh yeah....There's 9 of us including Ashley and Marzia and this is a 7 seater.." Anthony replied sadly.

"But can't we just take two cars?" Mari questioned, tightening her pony tail.

"I guess, but then we have to keep our eyes out for another vehicle, we might need to split up if we're gonna do this guys.." Ryan stated, still trying to think for other ideas, we were all desperate at this point.

****************************

Marzia's POV

I was so scared, the Bandit who was sitting in the back with us, was brutally beating up Ashley, I was extremely weak; I hadn't eaten for hours. I had no energy and I knew the second I would try to help, I would get knocked out straight away. I so badly wanted Felix, the only good things that have happened in this apocalypse are being with people I know, and meeting Ashley, all of the sorrow and pain of what had happened these past couple of months, I wanted it all gone. Me and Ashley, apparently we're test subjects, they're desperately after a cure to this mess, so they're taking innocent lives to do so?! These Bandits, they were brutal, they didn't care at all; they only cared about themselves.

"W-Why are you taking innocent lives just to find a cure?!" Pain, hatred and anger filled my voice, I was still crying too.

"Its none of your business! He looked at me angrily, clenching his fists.

"Y-You...don't.....have....to....do this..." Ashley mumbled, desperately trying to talk.

"Yes we do! Its the only way to find a cure! Now shut the fuck up, both of you!" He clenched his fists once more and punched Ashley in the face, she fell from her knees and passed out, she was half-beaten to death.

"A-Ashley!" I trembled in fear, I was the weakest, one good punch across my face and I would definitely pass out.

"Shut up! Before I hit your pretty little face!" He shouted aggressively, inches away from me.
We needed to get out of this situation...
Please hurry Felix...

ObsessedWithY0uTube

Hope you guys enjoyed this intense chapter! Please follow me and add this book to your library to find out when I update! Next chapter will most likely come out Friday/Saturday! A new book is coming at the end of this week! So stay tuned and....

PEACE OUT X3