Chapter 13: Goodbye...Old Friend..

Picture: Amy, Ashley's best friend, zombified.

Ashley's POV

After we'd made it into the forest, we continued walking, our clothes completely blood stained. A short walker, about the same size as me came my way, then I realized who it was.

"Oh no!" I murmured.

"What's wrong?" Marzia asked sweetly and innocently.

"T-T-That's my best friend! A-Amy..." I stood completely still, I had only talked to her a week ago, before this sh*t started, but now here she was...zombifed. She had a massive bite on her neck and her rib cage was visible, out of all of my friends, why my best friend?

I tried to run to her, but Felix, Ryan and Mark held me back, but I understood why, I was screaming and crying uncontrollably. Felix handed Anthony a pistol.

"I'm sorry Ashley," he looked at me and then my zombified best friend, "I'm sorry Amy."
Amy limped closer and closer to Anthony, until she was just inches away from the gun.

"PHEEW!" the gun when off, silencing the bang it normally makes. Amy fell to the floor, limp and lifeless.

I sobbed a little, but I knew what we had to do next, but I hesitated, she was my best friend after all...

I carefully checked her pockets, I found a note and a locket.

******************************

Dear Ashley,

I've been bit, severely. I'm losing blood quickly and I barely escaped, the locket I was going to give you, I still have it. I may not be alive to give it to you, but please...Take it, don't lose it. I know how clumsy you are :). And remember, that no matter what happens, we will still be best friends...

Amy...

******************************

After checking all of her pockets, I found the locket, a spare gun and some ammunition, I looked up and whispered 'Thank You'...

Felix's POV

Ashley cried a little as she folded the note and put it into her pocket. I pulled her in for a hug, wiping her tears.

"Shh..Its ok.." I comforted her, "She's in a better place now.."

I felt her pain through our hug, she was immensely distraught, even worse than when we had to shoot Ken..

Walking through the forest, the hot, dusty air, brushed past my face, almost like a small sandstorm. Ryan was walking a little better now, Ashley had stopped crying, we were finally getting back on track. We found a secluded area, with a fence around the campfire where walkers couldn't jump at us, where we would be safe.

"Me, Anthony and Ryan will scout the area, make sure there are no walkers, in the mean time, you guys should rest, but keep your guns loaded and your guard up, got it?" I instructed, politely.

"Okay." Ashley nodded, grabbing her bow and arrows.

"Already thinking ahead!" Mark reloaded his rifle, smirking

"And also, do any of you guys have a hatchet or a hammer?" I questioned.

"Yeah I do," Ryan replied from behind him.

"Ok, then we should be good to go." I walked in between Ryan and Anthony, attaching my silencer.

As we walked around the fenced area, we found multiple walkers, that were surprisingly carrying lots of ammo, we were topped up!

"Area's clear. We should be able to stay the night, just keep someone on watch and we should be fine." I smirked, putting my gun away.

"Anyone have a match?" I asked, hopefully.

"Yeah, I do." Mark passed the match to me, I smiled gratefully.

"Thanks," I grinned, Mark grinning back at me.

I gently flickered the match and set it down by the logs, luckily there was enough logs there, the other logs were too wet to burn; a mixture of bad and somewhat good weather has passed by this last week, so I wouldn't be surprised.

The fire was warm and comforting, with this fence around us it was even better, nothing or no one to sneak upon us. Ashley began to become tired, she accidently fell asleep and her head hit my leg gently, I smiled, moving her hair from her face.

"At least we have somewhere to spend the night.." Marzia spoke in the silence, her quiet Italian accent, echoing.

"Yeah..Not like we get a peaceful night, every night!" I laughed a little, everyone else laughing quietly. As everyone had already made conversation, and Ashley had woken up, that just left us to make conversation.

"So, this residential trip you were on about...How long did your school stay there for?" I asked kindly.

"Well, not all of us went, since you had to pay to get in. But the people who did get in, we stayed there for about... a week or two weeks, something like that." Ashley, sighed happily, trying to remember her memories.

"How much did it cost?" I asked smirking.

"A couple hundred!" Ashley smirked back, laughing a little.

"Wow! That's a lot!" I laughed.

"Well, they had to pay for transport, comfort, activities and food, but its was so worth it!" Ashley snickered.

Ashley looked around, everyone smiling and laughing quietly, she was happy, then so was I...

Ashley's POV

I had the weirdest dream ever.. There was a group, who were stealing from us, I was the only one up, and they were all aiming guns at me...

"Drop your weapons!" A masked up girl asked. I got scared, so I threw my weapon to the floor.

"T-That's all we have left.." I stammered.

"Exactly! That's the point, you dumb cow!" the other guy snickered, "You know what?! I don't even care!" BANG! His gun went off, I looked down, I was shot in the shoulder, I heard Felix's soft voice as I was shot, before I could do anything I woke up instantly.

I gasped, I got up quickly, looking around frantically.

"Are you okay?" Felix asked, pushing his hair back and putting his arm around my left shoulder.

"J-Just another stupid nightmare!' I sighed, looking into the moonlight and hugging Felix tightly, I was still scared.

"What was it about?" Felix questioned comfortingly, "Seems more than a 'stupid nightmare'.."

"This time...We were being stolen from, I was the only one awake, they stole our stuff... and they shot me in my shoulder." I sighed hesitantly.

"It's okay.. That won't happen, I wont let that happen.. I promise.." Felix sighed. I was a bit old for this sort of thing, but I believed every word.

Little did I know...I was wrong.

ObsessedWithY0uTube

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Once again, I update through my followers, so please follow and add to your library, as I'm still working on my timetable.

(Such Unprofessionalism! xD)

Anyway! Things are going to get intense! So stay tuned and.....

PEACE OUT X3