Chapter 29: Poisonous Thoughts...

Picture: Arixa's twin brother, Austin.

Ian's POV

Arixa slid down the banister smirking, she giggled and reloaded her Uzis guns, alongside Paige.

"Nice job!" Felix grinned, "You sure know what to do in time pressure!"

"Well... Lets just say I've had a lot of practice..And seen the consequences.." Arixa looked down fearfully, hoping we would not see her cry. She cleared her throat, "Lets keep moving!"

"Arix--" Paige and Anthony were cut off by Arixa's sad sweet voice.

"Please... Don't... C'mon let's go.." Arixa's sad sweet voice broke Anthony's heart, I could see it on his face, but he reluctantly let her walk ahead. He really did have feelings for her...

We left the hotel and continued walking away, and that's when we noticed a small-ish building. It didn't look that small but it looked big enough for all of us. Trotting through the deep-ish snow, Arixa went ahead of us, a low sadness hanging around her, a lot must've happened for her to be as sad as this. As we approached the so called cabin, a few walkers were trapped inside, Arixa shot them instantly and walked in.

"Guys.. Watch out for the trap door.." Arixa sighed, as she jumped over, the cabin was at least big enough to sleep in. We all jumped over and walked inside. The cabin was pretty big, the outside was definitely... deceiving.

"Woah.. Bigger than it looks.." Ryan looked around, staring at the interior of the cabin.

"Yeah, looks are deceiving.. Like when someone judges someone by what they wear or what they look like. I hate that," Arixa sighed, playing with her hair slightly, which made Anthony smirk.

"I hate that too." Paige huffed, searching the cabin.

"There's about six spare rooms, so some people will have to share.." Mark stated, walking out from one of the bedrooms.

"I don't mind sharing." Arixa replied, she looked over at Anthony, she knew exactly what his response would be.

Anthony smirked, "Neither do I."

"Oooo!" Paige grinned, nudging Arixa.

"Shut up!" Arixa laughed quietly, blushing and pushing Paige slightly.

"So Arixa and Anthony are sharing," Mark chuckled a little, "We need two other people to share.."

I glanced at Paige, she laughed a little and rolled her eyes.

"Fineee!" Paige spoke reluctantly, "I'll share with Ian."

"It's nearly nightfall?.." Felix looked at his watch, confusion filled his voice.

"Really?" Arixa was shocked, "Damn, that was a long walk then!"

"Yup," Ryan sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"We should rest up early then.. Long day tomorrow," Mark holstered his gun and walked into a bedroom, claiming it.

We all did the same, claiming which bedroom we wanted.

Me and Paige walked into a bedroom, putting are backpacks onto the bed.

"So... erm....What happened before we found you?" I asked out of curiousity, scratching my neck awkwardly.

Paige sighed, "Well..."

******************************

~Flashback~

Paige's POV

Me and Arixa walked along the moss-encrusted path, it was dusty and the air flow was completely different to inside buildings.