Chapter 36: Problems Reoccuring

Picture: Walker Horde!

Paige's POV

We all decided to move out from the secluded area, since it was already 9am. As we left the camp area, we checked that we had everything and set out..

Arixa was holding her head a lot, we didn't know why, and once again, she insisted she was fine..

"Are you sure you're okay?" Anthony inquired again, he was worried and so were we.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine... Don't worry.." Arixa stuttered, clutching her head. She started becoming dizzy, her breath became heavier, she was walking drowsily and before we knew it, she passed out. But a gunshot went off at the same time.... Anthony and Austin ran to her side in a flash.

"Oh crap! Did she get shot?!" Anthony shrieked, shaking her lightly.

"I-I don't know! What sho---!" Austin was cut off with another gunshot, the bullet went straight between his eyes, he fell to the ground... The sound of a faint giggling came from behind us, it was Kalel.

"That was easy!" Kalel's giggles sent shivers down our spines, she was a fucking psycho.

"Kalel, you need to stop with this bullshit!" Ian yelled, clenching his fists, I tried to desperately calm him down.

"You know what I wish..." Anthony muttered, anger repelling and bubbling inside of him, I could see him getting angrier by the minute.

"What?" Kalel snarled, a source of smugness hung about her.

"I wish Arixa had fucking killed you!" Anthony roared, punching Kalel in the face very hard. He held Arixa in his arms and beckoned all of us to run with him, sadly leaving Austin's dead body... He was gone, but not coming back...

Arixa's POV

Shouting and the sound of running filled my ears, my eyesight became fuzzy as I carefully opened my eyes, I looked up a little more to see Anthony's worried expression. He was holding me tightly and lovingly, like he'd never want to let go. I slowly but surely wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself up a little bit.

Anthony smiled warmly, I smiled back as he spoke quietly to me.

"You okay?" He asked, looking across at me since I was now in his gaze.

"Y-Yeah... W-What happened..? W-Where's Austin...?" I murmured softly, I was so tired, I could barely talk. From the look in Anthony's dark brown eyes, I knew something was horribly wrong.

"You passed out..." He replied, not daring to make eye contact and ignoring my last question.

"But... W-Where's Austin...?" I asked again, worry and fear filling my eyes.

Anthony sighed hesitantly, "Kalel.... shot him.... in the head..." Anthony spoke slowly as my eyes filled with tears. "I... punched Kalel in the face and the rest of us made a break for it..."

"No...no.. H-He can't be dead!..." I sobbed, tears staining my cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry..." Anthony held me closer in comfort and it calmed me down a lot, I was definitely sad, but his hugs were like antidotes to me. "C-Can you walk?" He asked me.

"Y-Yeah.. Kinda.." I nodded a little, still clinging onto him.

Anthony carefully put me down and gently placed his hand on my cheek, "Hey... We'll be alright, we'll get through this, okay?"

I nodded in response, walking aside him. I was quite weak, so Anthony let me lean on him if I needed to. As I was still upset, I lightly clinged onto Anthony, his arms wrapped around me in effort to keep me calm. Like I said before, his smiles made my heart melt and his hugs were like medicine for the pain in my heart.