Chapter 39 - Back to the Burrow

Y/Ns POV

Hampstead, London

"You seem nervous." Dad smirked.

"Shove off, I-I'm not nervous."

But he was right, I was feeling very anxious at the moment.

Why?

Because I happen to be standing outside of the Granger's front door. Hermione had invited me to spend the day with her today, and stay the night.

And given the fact that I fancy her, there's quite a lot to be nervous about.

"I-I think you are." Dad mocked as he knocked on the door a few times.

"Coming!" We heard from the other side of the door. Surely enough, the door opened a moment later, to reveal Mrs. Granger.

"Hello, Y/N!" Mrs

"Hello, Y/N!" Mrs. Granger smiled. "And you must be Steven! Come in!"

She led us inside the house to their living room, where she directed me upstairs towards Hermione's room.

"She's upstairs." She said. "First door on the right."

"Thank you, Mrs. Granger!" I replied.

"Please, I'm not one for formalities, call me Monica dear."

"Noted for next time." I said, making my way up the stairs.

As I continued to walk up, I glanced at all the pictures plastered along the walls of Hermione and her family, some of them had images of her receiving awards for academic prowess throughout the years, and some of them had pictures of just her and her parents.

I made it up the stairs and stood in front of the door Monica mentioned. I knocked on the door once, and suddenly, the door swung open, and I was met with a mass of bushy brown hair.

"Y/N!" Hermione exclaimed as I picked her up and spun her around. "I'm so happy you're here!"

"Me too, Mione." I said. "I missed you so much."

Since the Grangers had just remodeled a guest room in their house, I was allowed to sleep in there.

As I put my stuff inside of the room, I talked with Hermione about our summers and she went on about how excited she was to spend the day together.

We were going to go into Downtown London, which was pretty exciting for me as I have never been in London before.

So with her parents permission, me and Hermione went out to go spend some time around London.

She took me to a really nice park called Victoria Park, where we walked around for a few hours and talked about things that randomly popped into our minds.