Chapter 49 - The Second Task

Y/Ns POV

The next morning, I woke up to the bright rays of sunlight beaming through the Common Room windows. Gracie was sleeping on the floor next to me, curled up in a ball.

"Good morning." A voice called from the chair next to me, it was Hermione, who was reading a book while curled up into the chair. She must have been waiting for me to wake up.

"Well good morning to you too, Mione." I rasped while sitting up and patting the spot next to me.

Hermione marked her spot in her book, and plopped herself into my lap, curling up into my side.

"You know, you are really cute when you sleep." Hermione said. "Like an overgrown cat."

"Oh?" I asked. "You like watching me when I sleep?"

"Well-I Uh- that's not what I-"

I stopped Hermione's stuttering by kissing her quickly, which ended up turning into a light make out session before we pulled away.

"I think you're really cute too

"I think you're really cute too." I said, pulling our foreheads together.

Hermione and I spent a good part of the morning cuddled together on the couch, stealing kisses every now and then. Eventually, we had to make our way down to breakfast at some point.

"Y/N?" Hermione asked as we stepped outside hand in hand. "How would you feel if we kept our relationship a secret for a little bit?"

"How come?" I asked curiously. I was a bit disappointed for sure, but Hermione had to have a good reason for it.

"I just think with everything that's happening this year, we don't need a lot of extra attention." Hermione said. "I can only imagine how Skeeter would be if she found out."

"That's alright." I sighed. I was a bit more disappointed now as I wanted people to know, but Hermione did have a good reason.

She must have sensed my disheartened tone, as she wrapped her arms around my neck before giving me a quick peck.

"I promise, it will only be for a little bit, then we can go public." She smirked. "Besides, I get to have you all to myself for a while."

"Well now that you mention it, it does sound kind of fun sneaking around." I smirked, wrapping her arms around her waist.

"Exactly." Hermione said while giving me another kiss. "Now let's go, we need to get breakfast."

A few minutes later, Hermione and I made it down to the Great Hall, where Ron, Harry, and ginny were sitting.

"Morning." Hermione smiled as she sat down next to me, grabbing my hand underneath the table.

"You two seem chipper this morning." Ron said with a mouth full of food.

"Chew with your mouth closed, Ronald." Hermione scolded. "And yes, last night was very pleasant."

Hermione rested her head on my shoulder as Harry widened his eyes.