Chapter 23 - The Diary and The Heartbreak

Y/Ns POV

That night, I couldn't sleep. The note from my secret admirer, plus the thought of who the Heir of Slytherin could be was keeping me up.

My secret admirer sounded really nice. I wonder who it could be?

I swear, I've seen that handwriting before.

After a few hours of getting absolutely no sleep, I decided to go to the common room to pass some time and tire myself out. What I wasn't expecting, was to find Harry sitting at a table, also awake.

"Harry? Why are you still awake?" I asked.

"I'm trying to figure out this diary." He replied.

Of course it's the damn diary, he's been practically snogging it for weeks.

"What are you doing up?" He asked.

"Couldn't sleep." I replied. "You want me to help?"

"That would be great, thanks."

After about forty minutes of us trying different things to make the diary reveal itself, Harry finally had an idea.

He grabbed a quill and put the tip onto the page.

Harry wrote, 'My name is Harry Potter.' onto the paper. The words faded away quickly and were replaced with new words.

'Hello Harry Potter. My name is Tom Riddle. Who else is with you?'

Harry gave the quill to me as I went to write my name

'My name is Y/N L/N' i wrote onto the paper.

'How did you come across my diary?'

'I found it in Moaning Myrtles bathroom, in a sink' Harry wrote.

'Lucky that I recorded my memories in some more lasting way than ink. But I always knew that there would be those who would not want this diary read.'

'What do you mean by that?' I wrote.

'I mean this diary holds memories of terrible things. Things that were covered up. Things that happened at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.'

Oh s*it

'Do you know anything about the Chamber of Secrets?'

'Of course I know about the Chamber of Secrets. In my day, they told us it was a legend, that it did not exist. But this was a lie. In my fifth year, the Chamber was opened and the monster attacked several students, finally killing one. I had caught the person who opened the Chamber and he was expelled. But the Headmaster, Professor Dippet, ashamed that such a thing had happened at Hogwarts, forbade me to tell the truth. A story was given out that the girl had died in a freak accident. They gave me a nice, shiny, engraved trophy for my troubles and warned me to keep my mouth shut. But I knew it would happen again. The monster lived on, and the one who had the power to release it was not imprisoned.'