Chapter 27 - The Knight Bus

Y/Ns POV

It's been a long summer. I pretty much spent it like I did last summer, writing letters to my friends.

Harry sounds like he's going crazy over at the Dursley's. He writes to me every once in a while to voice his frustrations with his horrible family. I even tried to call him a few times, but every time I did, his fatarse uncle would tell me that Harry was not at home.

I wonder if there is some way I can break him out like we did last summer?

As for Ron, he's in Egypt right now with his family. Mr. Weasley had won the annual Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw and as a result of that, he won a vacation to Egypt.

Ron had written me every now and then to talk about his adventures. His family is going to be buying him a new wand at Ollivanders, and Percy was to be named the new Gryffindor Head Boy.

Wonderful, Percys going to be even more insufferable.

And then there was Hermione, we had written each other every day, just like always. She was currently in France with her family for vacation and for some reason, decided to rewrite her entire History of Magic essay once again, but this time it includes witchcraft facts based on French folklore.

Doing school work on vacation, typical Hermione Granger.

I always awaited her letters everyday. Honestly receiving her letters is becoming the highlight of my day. Ever since I confessed to her last year while she was petrified, I couldn't get her out of my head.

Yes, i can't deny any longer that I have developed feelings for my best friend. She's really cute, smart, and friendly. She's always been there for me just like how I am always there for her. She really is an amazing person.

I wonder if she could feel the same?

In terms of what I've been doing this summer? Not really a whole lot. I've been working around the house and doing odd jobs, I play Quidditch every once in a while. I can't complain, it's a simple life.

I also have been coming to terms on me being the Heir of both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw. My Uncle told me that I do have certain abilities that have been passed down to me that other wizards and witches don't have. I suppose I'm going to be learning a lot more about said abilities in this upcoming school year and maybe even further. I'm pretty excited.

Before I knew it, my fourteenth birthday had arrived. Ron had given me some sort of wooden Egyptian locket he had received on his trip that resembled Horus, an Egyptian god symbolizing power and quintessence. I had also received a set of gobstones from him as well.

Harry had sent me a few chocolate frogs as well as a pair of omnoculars for quidditch.

My Uncle had given me a Walkman, which I was very thankful for as I've been getting more into different types of bands, like Queen and the Beatles.

Hermione had given me a stamped book from a bookstore called Shakespeare and Company that was located in Paris. Along with some photos of some buildings that her and her family visited.

Inside the parcel, was a letter from Hermione. I opened it and read.

Dear Y/N,

Happy birthday! I hope we can celebrate properly when we all meet up in London when the school year begins! You are coming right?

Anyways, I really hope you like your gift. The book I got you was from this amazing bookstore in Paris. It's about two lovers in fair Verona and it happens to be one of my favorite Muggle stories.