Chapter 17 - Back to Hogwarts

Harry's POV

September 1st, the day we would all return to Hogwarts came by rather quickly. Me, Y/N, and the Weasleys had arrived at Kings Cross Station riding in the Ford Anglia without flying. But we were unfortunately running late.

"10:58!!" Mr. Weasley said. "Come on, come on!"

"Train will be leaving soon! "Mr. Weasley continued. "Fred, George, Percy, you first!"

Fred went through the barrier and was followed by Percy and George. Mr and Mrs. Weasley allowed Ginny to go after them and followed after her in a hurry. Y/N then went next.

I turned to look at Ron. "Let's go."

I grabbed the handles of my trolley while Ron did the same. I pushed my cart forward, getting ready to cross the barrier.

However, something different ended up happening.

We crashed right into the wall. I fell down and Ron lost control of his cart, crashing right into me, which caused most of our stuff to fall.

"Oi!!" A station worker called out to us. "What do you think you're doing?"

Sorry, lost control of the trolley." I said to the agent.

"Kids, who'd want em." He scoffed while walking away.

"Why can't we get through?" I asked.

"I don't know." Ron said. "The gateway is sealed for some reason."

The sound of a clock then chimed in the distance.

Oh no.

It's eleven o'clock

We had missed the train.

"Harry....if we can't get through, maybe Mum and Dad can't get back!" Ron exclaimed.

"Let's just go wait by the car." I said.

Ron's eyes widened with excitement. "The car! That's brilliant!"

Y/Ns POV

I was wandering around the train with Gracie on my shoulder, looking for a compartment until I came across one with only Hermione sitting. I knocked on the glass door.

"Alright if I come in?" I asked.

"Of course." Hermione said smiling and patting the seat next to her.

"Where's Harry and Ron?" She asked.

"Maybe they are in another compartment, hopefully. Maybe with Percy, Fred, or George?" I responded.

Hermione pulled out a book to read while Gracie was cuddling on her lap purring. It was one of Lockhart's books.

"You actually believe the crap that he writes?" I asked her. 

"Of course!" She said. "He has very admirable accomplishments."

"Admirable my arse." I muttered under my breath.

The trolley witch eventually came around and asked if we wanted anything from the cart. I got some Chocolate Frogs and Peppermint Toads, and Hermione got some Pumpkin Pasties. We spent most of the train ride playing with my now fully grown cat, eating our sweets, and bickering occasionally about Lockhart.

I couldn't help but notice that I had the same weird feeling in my stomach every time I heard Hermione say something good about him and his so called "accomplishments."

Am I really jealous of that fraud? I think I am.

Moments later, Hermione had gotten tired and laid her head on my shoulder, which I allowed her to as I blushed a heavy red. Gracie fell asleep on my lap and I was about to do the same until I saw what I think was the Weasley's Ford Anglia flying outside of the train window.