Chapter 1 - Receiving The Letter

August 30th, 1990

Y/N L/N woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the bright rays of the sun shining down on his bedroom window. The day was August 30th, Y/Ns 11th birthday.

Y/N lives a normal lifestyle with his Uncle Thomas L/N in his home located in the Isle of Skye, a large island located in the Inner Hebrides of Scotland with lots of rugged landscapes and bodies of water.

When you think about that, it sounds like a fun place to live as a young kid. Unfortunately, Y/N has been isolated for a majority of his life, he was never allowed to leave the sanctity of his home, not even allowed to go within a 5 mile radius from his house. Because of this, he was homeschooled for his entire life.

 Because of this, he was homeschooled for his entire life

(Here's a little photo reference of Y/Ns house)

Yes, Y/N lived with his uncle because both of his parents died when he was very young, When Y/N would always ask why he wasn't allowed to go outside of his home even to just be in the yard, the answer will always be "no" or even the dreaded phrase "its for your own good". Y/N would also ask his uncle about his parents and how they passed away which Thomas would always say that they both died of an of a very fatal illness and that "he would find out when he was older". A very annoying phrase that was never explained as Y/N did in fact get older.

Not even to mention his uncles ceaseless departures that can take several weeks at a time because of "work". What kind of occupation requires you to be gone for that long?

Because of his uncles inability to answer any of his questions, or even tell him anything for that matter, he developed some slight dislike and attitude towards him. The guy was nice and Y/N was sure he meant well by keeping him "safe" as he would say, but he could be a bit mental at times I mean, what the hell was so dangerous out there that made Thomas keep Y/N in the vicinity of his house at all times. To put it lightly, it really pissed Y/N off.

Todays was Y/n's 11th birthday and despite all the s*it that he was currently dealing with in his life he had a very positive feeling about the day ahead. As he walked down the stairs, the aroma of bacon and eggs filled the house. As he made his way in the kitchen to start the day, he was met with the presence of Thomas L/N as he knelt down to his level and said "Happy Birthday Y/N!" "Thanks Uncle" Y/N replied.

The day proceeded to continue without anything of importance going on, it was really just another normal day in the L/N household. That is until Thomas ended up asking for Y/N to come downstairs from his room and from the tone of his voice it sounded pretty serious. So Y/N put down the book he was reading and made his way down to the living room. He sat down on the loveseat across from his uncle as he cleared his throat.