Chapter 20 - The Chamber of Secrets

Y/Ns POV

Seriously? Can't we just have a normal school year? At least one?

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened...." Hermione read the the message out loud in fear. Enemies of the heir....beware. It's written completely in blood."

Out of instinct, I grabbed her hand and we intertwined our fingers together.

"Oh no

"Oh no." Harry said. It's Filch's cat. It's Mrs. Norris.

He was not wrong. Mrs Norris was floating in front of the message. Still and motionless.

Other students made an entrance and began mumbling about the message. At the head of those students was Draco Malfoy.

"Enemies of the heir beware!" He announced. "You'll be next Mudbloods!"

"You f*ck-" I said before being pulled into a side hug from Hermione. She shook her head and continued to hold me tightly before I relaxed and hugged her back.

"What's going on here? Go on, go on, make way!" Filch arrived and cried out to the students.

"Potter—what are you....Mrs Norris?"

"You've.... murdered my cat."
"No, no." Harry said.
Filch pinned Harry and strangled him against the wall
"I'll kill ya..." He said. "I'll kill ya!"

"Oi!" I yelled at Filch. "Nobody killed your damn cat!"

"Argus!"

A voice boomed as Dumbledore and some other Professors made their presence known.

"Everyone will proceed to their dormitories at once. Everyone except you four." He said gesturing to us.

The other houses left the corridor, going to their respective common room areas. The four of us followed Dumbledore and the other professors. Unfortunately, a certain pompous arse had to be among them.

"It was definitely a curse that killed her." Lockhart said feeling very proud of himself. "Probably the Transmogrifan Torture. I've seen it many times, so unlucky I wasn't there, I know the very counter-curse that would have saved her."

Lies.

"She's petrified you dumbarse." I replied to the pompous Professor.

"Mr. L/N is quite right." Dumbledore said. "She's not dead Argus. She's been petrified."

"Ah, I thought so." Lockhart said.

"No you didn't." I replied bluntly. "Run along Lockhart, your services are no longer required. Nor were they ever in the first place."

Lockhart looked at me scared while Hermione had a look of shock on her face. Like she wasn't expecting me to talk to a "Professor" like that.

A/N: Again, how is this man a Ravenclaw?