Chapter 43 - Three Curses and Newcomers

Y/Ns POV

The next morning, the four of us sat down in the Great Hall for breakfast. As we ate, Mum started to march down the rows, handing out the time tables for the new year.

Next to us, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were discussing a plan to age themselves up so they could put their names forward into the Goblet of Fire.

Wouldn't catch me doing that.

"Today's not bad.....outside all morning." Ron said with his mouth full. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures....bloody hell, were still with the Slytherins."

"Double Divination this afternoon." Harry groaned.

"We'll suffer together, mate." I replied as Harry rolled his eyes.

"You know, you should have given it up, boys, just like I did." Hermione said.

"I don't have a choice." I replied. "I have to take it. Hopefully Trelawney won't think of another way Harry will die."

"That's a given at this point."

All of a sudden, hundreds of different colored owls burst in through the ceiling, all were carrying different sized objects. O/N had brought me some letters from my Dad and Uncle, but surprisingly, there were no parcels for Harry.

And it's been a few weeks.

Harry shrugged as we all made our way to the Greenhouses to begin the first lesson of the year.

Greenhouse three was pretty eventful, Professor Sprout had brought in more dangerous plants from the year before. She even brought in a plant that looked like a bunch of giant black slugs were sticking out of the soil.

"Bubotubers." Professor Sprout said. "They need squeezing. You will need to collect the pus-"

"The what, now?" Tyler Lane, a Hufflepuff, asked.

"Pus, Mr. Lane." Professor Sprout replied. "It's extremely valuable, so do not waste it. You will collect the pus, I say, in these bottles. Wear your dragon-hide gloves, it can do funny things to the skin when undiluted, Bubotuber pus."

The entire lesson was quite disgusting, the pus was oozing everywhere. It was a thick, greenish substance that smelled strongly of petrol.

By the end of the lesson, the greenhouse smelled of a mixture of petrol and pus.

"This'll keep Madam Pomfrey happy." Professor Sprout said. "An excellent remedy for the more stubborn forms of acne, Bubotuber pus. Should stop students resorting to desperate measures to rid themselves of pimples."

"Like Eloise Midgeon." Seamus snickered. "Poor girl tried to curse hers off."

As the lesson ended, we peeled away from the Hufflepuffs and made our way to Care Of Magical Creatures with Hagrid.

He was already in his front steps of his caving when we arrived. As we drew nearer, Fang, who was sitting right next to Hagrid, started barking and launched himself towards Harry, knocking him to the ground in the process.

"Hello, Fang." Harry laughed as Fang started to lick him.

Hagrid rushed over as we all laughed.

"Sorry about that, Harry." Hagrid said. Pulling Fang back so Harry could stand up. "Never seen him act like tha'."

"It's alright, Hagrid." Harry said as he dusted himself off.

We learned about Blast-Ended Skrewts this lesson, which looked like deformed lobsters. Very pale and slimy looking, with legs sticking out all over everywhere.