Chapter 54 - The End of the Fourth Year

3rd Person POV

Harry landed on the grass, clutching the bodies of Y/N and Cedric as the cheers erupted from their arrival, the crowd thinking that Harry had won.

"Y/N, we're here, mate." Harry smiled, shaking his shoulder.

"Come on Y/N, wake up!" Harry shouted, tears rolling down his cheeks, seeing that his friend wasn't moving.

A pair of hands seized Harry's shoulders. Turning around, Harry saw Dumbledore, whose gaze was completely focused on the two boys.

"Harry.....what happened....?" He asked.

"He's back," Harry cried. "Voldemort's back! We have to do something! Y/N can't be dead!"

The crowd went into a state of shock, realizing that Y/N and Cedric were unresponsive.

Hermione shot up from her seat, sobbing as she rushed to her boyfriend, shoving her way past everyone who stood in her way.

Thomas followed behind her, alongside a young woman with purple hair, and Steven in his eagle form.

"No......no.....no!" Hermione sobbed, crashing down onto Y/N's chest as she cried. "Y/N, please wake up!"

"You promised!" She exclaimed, now being comforted by the older L/N. "You promised you'd come back to me!"

Amos Diggory had now arrived, sobbing as he held his supposedly dead son.

"Minerva! Alastor! Ludo! Severus!" Dumbledore called. "Keep the crowd back, please!"

They did as they were told, despite having their own concerns. Especially Professor McGonagall, who was wanting to see her godson.

The Weasley's had found their way onto the grass, followed by Tom, Selena, Sam, Mia, and Pansy.

Cornelius Fudge followed them as well, waddling his way over the the center.

"My God!" He said. "Diggory and L/N, they're dead!"

"No! Don't say that, he can't be dead!" Hermione cried, crying into his chest as Fudge tried pulling her off.

"Young lady, let go of him." He persisted, trying to pry Hermione from her boyfriend. "You can't save him, he's already gone."

"Leave her alone, Fudge." Thomas snarled, glaring angrily at the short, portly man.

Seeing the L/N man's angry demeanor, Fudge stepped aside, allowing access to everyone.

"They can't be dead!" Harry cried. "Voldemort wanted me, only me!"

"You Know Who?" Fudge exclaimed. "What nonsense are you talking about? You Know Who has been dead for thirteen years!"

"Voldemort's back! We saw it!" Harry shouted, gesturing to himself and the boys. The tears streaming down his cheeks as he yelled.

"You've lost your mind! Perhaps you've stumbled across a Boggart in the maze-"

"Don't even go there." Thomas growled. "Harry's already seen enough tonight."

"Tom." The purple haired girl said, calling the older L/N over to Cedric.

"This boy's hand just moved."

Thomas and Dumbledore shifted their attention to the Diggory boy, and by a miracle it seemed, he had a pulse.

"But how?" Fudge asked. "He was dead not one minute ago."

Thomas looked towards his nephew, smirking subtly as he figured it out.