Chapter 57- The Wizengamot

Dear Mr. Potter,

Following up on our letter of approximately two days ago, the Ministry of Magic has revised its decision to destroy your wand forthwith. You may retain your wand until your disciplinary hearing on 12th August, at which time an official decision will be taken.

Following discussions with the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the Ministry has agreed that the question of your expulsion will also be decided at that time. You should therefore consider yourself suspended from school pending further inquiries.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Mafalda Hopkrik.

Improper Use of Magic Office

Ministry of Magic

Well this sucks. I can't believe I have to have this hearing.

Y/N and I were getting ready for our disciplinary hearing this afternoon. To decide whether or not we were to be expelled from Hogwarts.

I'll admit I lost it yesterday on my friends when I arrived at Grimmauld Place. I was just concerned, I hadn't heard anything all summer and I was kept in the dark. I mean, I saw Voldemort come back from the dead.

I have to be entitled to know some information. However, I also realized that everyone has some good intentions with it. Even if I'm a still a little bit upset.

Hermione and Y/N have spent the entire night going over the laws with me. It's kind of ridiculous that I have to go through with this anyways.

I was defending myself along with my friend and cousin. What was I supposed to do? Let them get their souls sucked out from their bodies?

It's bloody ridiculous.

"They'll have to let you off." Y/N said to me as he fixed up his tie. "You were just defending yourself."

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'm not so sure there's even going to be a big trial for me." Y/N replied. "I was defending you against an abusive lunatic. Even Cornelius Fudge can't be against child abuse."

Hermione had joined us in the room, where she walked over to Y/N and helped fasten his tie.

Y/N's POV

"You know, this reminds me of something." I said, smiling as Hermione fixed my tie.

"Oh yeah?" She smirked

"Oh yeah?" She smirked. "What might that be?"

"The Yule Ball, before we walked down the staircase." I explained. "You were fussing about the way I had overlooked the loose strand in my tie and decided to fix it up for yourself."

"Well it was all mangled," Hermione said, rolling her eyes. "I couldn't have my date looking like a mess."

"Still happened to be the best night of my life." I smiled, giving her a small kiss. "Love you."