Chapter 9 - Christmas!!

Y/Ns POV

The last month flew by really quickly and before anyone knew it, it was Christmas. Snow was covered around the school and it looked absolutely (dare I say it) magical.

Students were either staying at Hogwarts or going home for the holidays. Uncle Thomas had an Auror mission to go on so I was staying back, but he did tell me that Christmas at Hogwarts was some of the best times he's ever had.

Ron was staying with his brothers while his parents went to Romania and Harry was staying as well. Considering the fact that his relatives don't sound like the most pleasant people, I don't blame him in the slightest.

The bad thing was, Hermione was going home for the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she'll like seeing her family after so long but it's been nice having her around and it's been fun searching for information about this Nicholas Flamel character in the library by ourselves.

One morning in December, the castle was completely covered in many layers of heavy snow. People started skating on the ice now covering the black lake, and students were engaging in snowball fights all around. Needless to say, everyone was elated to know that Christmas was upon us.

I was currently watching Harry and Ron engage in a heated game of Wizards chess in the Great Hall

I was currently watching Harry and Ron engage in a heated game of Wizards chess in the Great Hall. After this game, I was going to play Ron since he claimed he was the best at it. Unfortunately our excitement had to be ruined by a certain blonde haired prick.

"I do feel so sorry," said Malfoy "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they aren't wanted at home." Draco directed this towards the three of us as he and his clowns watched on.

"You know who I feel sorry for Malfoy?" I said "your parents, do you know why? Because they have to put up you these next few weeks, lord knows I'd go insane." I said as Ron and Harry snickered.

Draco turned red with anger and sulked off with his henchmen.

He has been more unpleasant than ever after Slytherin lost the Quidditch match last month. He even tried to get everyone laughing at how a wide mouthed tree frog would be replacing Harry as Seeker next. I have no idea how he even thought that was funny because everyone was impressed at Harry staying on his broomstick.

When Malfoy realized that nobody thought this was funny, he went back to taunting Harry about having no proper family.

Which is pretty much his main insult towards him. He needs new material.

I turned my attention back to the game as Harry made his move.

"Knight to E5!" He commanded as the tiny knight heeded his command.

Ron looked at him with a smirk as he took his next turn. Hermione eventually turned up and joined in on watching.

"Queen to E5"