Chapter 11 - Detention in the Forbidden Forest

Y/Ns POV

I made my way back to the common room after I found out that Professor McGonagall was my godmother. The way back was a bit scary, especially when I'm trying to avoid Filch. Thank God he wasn't around.

After checking each corner several times so i could see if Filch was peeking anywhere, I eventually made it to the Fat Lady. As I approached her, I muttered the password and the portrait slid open. Revealing a sleeping Hermione Granger sitting up on the couch. She must have been waiting for me.

Wow, she is really cute when she's asleep.

I've been thinking a lot about what I saw in the mirror during Christmas. Where I saw me and Hermione together with our supposed child. I couldn't help but wonder if that could potentially be my future.

Ever since I met her in Diagon Alley, I felt as though I had this strange connection with her, like we were supposed to meet each other at some point. She was my first ever friend and we've always been there for each other whenever we needed it.

She really is an amazing person. I did have to admit she was also pretty adorable.

But I also can't help but wonder if I really do have a crush on her.

Could I?

I don't know.

It was pretty late, so I should get some sleep as well. Only thing is, I can't leave Hermione all by herself, and I can't take her up to the girls dormitories for obvious reasons.

So I decided to sleep next to her on the couch. I sat down next her and put my arm around her shoulder. Then I decided to make a bold move as I kissed her forehead.

"Good night, Mione" "sweet dreams" I whispered to her as her head dropped onto my shoulder and I drifted off to sleep.

———————————————————————————

Hermione's POV

As I woke up the next morning, I found myself on the same couch where I was waiting for Y/N. When I slowly started to wake up, I noticed that Y/N was now with me, but I was laying on top of him right on his chest as he was fast asleep.

I shook him gently for him to wake up as he stirred and slowly woke up.

"Good morning Mione." He said in a dazed tone.

We both then realized the position we were both in and how close our faces were as we started to blush madly and quickly sat up on the couch.

"So uh, did you s-sleep w-well last night?" He said stuttering.

"Y-yeah how about yourself?" I answered as I blushed.

"Fine and dandy." He replied.

"I was waiting for you, you know." I said. "What did Professor McGonagall want last night?"

"Oh, thanks for waiting for me." He said while blushing. "I'm not in trouble. She just wanted to talk."

"About?" I asked.

"She just said that I remind her so much about both of my parents." He replied.

"Well that's nice of her to say." I said. "But wasn't your mum in Ravenclaw? McGonagall is the head of Gryffindor."

"They must have known Harry's parents in school so I'm sure that's how she knows them." He replied.

"Wow, that's great!" I said.

"Yeah, and that's not the only thing."He continued."Professor McGonagall also happens to be my Godmother."

"No way. That's amazing!" I replied.