Chapter 24 - Follow The Spiders

Harry's POV

It's been a month since Hermione became petrified. The teachers had come together to make a new set of rules ever since the recent attacks in order to keep us safe.

Me and Ron had missed the other two members of our quartet greatly. Hermione was obviously petrified. But Y/N was a different case.

Over the past month, Y/N has refused to say one word to anyone. He now walked to class on his own, and sat away from everyone else. He never comes down to the Great Hall to eat anymore so Ron and I have to give him food in our dorm.

He even stopped insulting Lockhart and throwing sarcastic remarks at him. Which was really disappointing.

I don't even think he sleeps anymore, he always comes to class with heavy bags under his eyes and he always falls asleep in class. Which greatly worried us as well as the Professors.

We had tried talking to him on several occasions, but he still refuses to speak to anybody. Professor McGonagall had tried to comfort him but he shuts her out as well.

Nobody knew how to make him feel better because he keeps shutting everyone out. We all missed Hermione immensely, but it seems to have taken a toll on Y/N more than it has the rest of us.

I hope he finds peace soon, because we're really starting to worry about him.

Y/Ns POV

Ever since Hermione had turned up petrified, I had refused to speak to anyone. I don't eat with any of my friends and I don't get much sleep anymore.

I really missed her, more than I ever thought I could.

It was petty on my part to not speak to anyone, but I needed some space and time to think.

I was currently walking from Transfiguration to go the hospital wing and visit Hermione. It's something I've done every day for the last month. Madam Pomfrey would always let me in reluctantly, but she would still let me come in nonetheless.

Every day, I would talk about what we did in our classes, Lockhart's bullshit, and just anything in general. Sometimes I would do my work right next to her.

I know there was no use in talking to her because she couldn't hear me, but it always made me feel a little bit better than I have been.

I really needed her back.

As I was leaving the hospital wing, I managed to run into a familiar face.

"Hello Y/N!" Pansy said happily

"Hey Parkinson." I replied.

"Are you okay?" She asked in a concerned tone. "Haven't heard much from you in a while."

"I'm fine." I replied.

She didn't seem to be entirely convinced by my answer.

"You know you can tell me what's bothering you Y/N. I won't judge." She said.