Chapter 8 - Gryffindor Vs Slytherin

Y/Ns POV

November arrived pretty quickly and it was starting to get more chilly outside. The grounds were filled with frost and the surrounding mountains were all covered in a thick blanket of snow.

Today was the first Quidditch match of the season. Gryffindor vs Slytherin. If Gryffindor were to win this match, they would move into second place in the house championship.

Speaking of which, our future star seeker was not doing very well in terms of getting prepared.

"Here, take a bit of toast, mate." Ron said while stuffing his face. "Go on"

"Rons right, Harry." Hermione said. "You're going to need your strength today."

He didn't eat any of his food and continued to twirl around his fork.

"Come on mate!" I said "You'll need your strength if you want to beat Slytherin today!"

"I'm not hungry." Harry said while continuing to play with his food.

"Good luck today, Potter." A familiar voice crept up behind him which scared the hell out of us. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of quidditch should be easy work for you.....even if it is against Slytherin." He then walked off with a limp.

"Well that explains the blood." I said.

"You noticed it too?" Harry asked me as I nodded.

"Blood?" Hermione asked us.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try to get past the 3 headed dog." Harry explained. "But he got himself bitten, that's why he was limping."

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked.

"Such a shame it didn't bite Snape's head off." I said as Ron and Harry snickered "be doing all of us a favor."

"Y/N!!" Hermione scolded while sending me a menacing glare.

"I know you secretly agree with me Mione." I said as she gave me a playful punch to the shoulder.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults." Harry continued. "Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret."

"So what your saying..."

"That's what the dog must be guarding, that's what Snape wants." I concluded.

We were interrupted from our conversation by the sound of screeches coming from above as Hedwig, Harry's owl came and dropped off a large package at the table and flew off.

"Bit early for mail isn't it?" Hermione asked. By the looks of it, she was right. Nobody else had received and letters or packages for that matter.

"But I-I never get mail." Harry said. I then remembered about what Harry told me about his home life and living with his Aunt and Uncle. It sounded absolutely horrible. They would torment him and make him cook their food, and he wouldn't get any food for himself even, just a piece of bread and butter every night. They didn't even celebrate his birthday.

A/N: I hate the Dursley's so much.

"Well, let's go ahead and open it" Ron said. We started ripping at the paper and ripped the package open, which revealed a nice surprise.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry exclaimed

"Not just any broomstick, it's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron said.

"Wow, just in time for the match." I said with awe.