Chapter 10 - Norbert the Dragon

Y/Ns POV

Its been a couple of months and we were nowhere near figuring out who Nicholas Flamel was. So the four of us decided that we weren't going to worry about it until later.

Why? Because the end of year exams were quickly approaching. Currently, me and Hermione were studying while Harry and Ron were screwing around with their chocolate cards.

"Look at you playing with your cards. Pathetic!" Hermione scolded. "We have exams coming up soon and Y/N is the only one out of you three that is actually studying."

"I'm ready" Ron spoke up confidently. "Ask me any question."

"All right" I cleared my throat. "What are the three ingredients in a forgetfulness potion?"

Ron stood ruminating in thought until he shrugged "I forgot."

"And what do you suppose your going to do when it comes up on the exam?" I asked.

"Copy off you lot?" He suggested.

"You can't do that either, from what I heard from Professor Flitwick, we're gonna have special quills with an anti cheating spell." Hermione stated as a matter of fact.

"That's insulting!" Ron said "it's as if they don't trust us!" I got Dumbledore again." He said while picking up a card.

Just then, Neville came hopping in as his legs were stuck together. Like literally stuck together.

"Leg locker curse?" Ron asked Neville when he approached us. He nodded.

"Malfoy." Harry muttered

"That b*tch" I muttered under my breath as I made a fist under the table. Hermione took notice of this and put her hand over mine. Which made me blush a heavy red and calm down.

"You have to stand up for yourself Neville!" Ron exclaimed.

"How can I do that?" Cried Neville. "I can barely stand up at all!"

"Don't worry Nev, I said. "I'll do the counter curse."

I stood up, pulled my wand out and pointed it at Nevilles legs. His legs separated from each other and he was able to walk again.

"Thanks Y/N!" He said as he ran off.

"Hey, I found him" Harry said as he showed a card to Ron.

"Dumbeldore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicholas Flamel!"

Hermione beamed at the statement and told us to follow her.

Hermione's POV

I brought all of us to the library and sat us down at a table while I grabbed a book and dropped it onto the table, the boys were doing work as they all jumped due to the loud noise of the book hitting the table.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! I said sitting down next to Y/N. "How could I be so stupid? I checked this out for a bit of light reading!"

Ron looked astonished "this is light?"

"Shut up Ron." Me and Y/N both said simultaneously which caused us both to laugh and blush at the same time.

"Of course!" Y/N read from the book. "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosophers Stone!"

"The what?" Harry and Ron both asked.

"Honestly don't you two read?" I asked as I went further into the book. "The Philosophers Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produce the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."