Assembling The Team (Avengers 2012)

2012

It's now been over a year since the Harlem incident, and Y/N and Bruce have been in hiding ever since, speaking of them...

"Y/N, can you pass me some hot water compresses? It's by the counter." Bruce asks Y/N as he is treating a young patient afflicted by some sort of disease in Kolkata, in India. They have been doing all they can to help treat patients who have contracted or are on the verge of dying from this disease. Because of this, they've had many people come up to them to ask for their help, especially the needy and poor. Speaking of the needy and poor, one such girl arrives up the stairs of their "clinic".

She then frantically tells Bruce what has happened, "Doctor, my father is not waking up! He has a fever and he's moaning, and his eyes won't open!" 

"Slow down." Bruce says, slowly walking up to her and telling her it's alright. She finally calms down to tell him what happened.

"My father..." She says nervously while looking at the other patients, who are mostly kids around her age. Bruce sees this and points to them.

"Like them?" Asked Bruce, and all she does is hold up the money she has on her person. Obviously he agrees, but not before telling Y/N that they would be going out of the clinic for a patient.

"Hey Y/N, come with me. There's a patient we need to check on." He tells Y/N, who is currently spoon-feeding a toddler with the same sickness. He looks to Banner and nods before setting the bowl down and grabbing a hooded jacket to cover his head with. Then they set off, following the girl to a rusty old house at the edge of the city, made of different materials like sheet metal and wood, and there isn't any door at the front. Once they come up on the house, a military vehicle starts to pass by them as Y/N pulls his hood down even further while Bruce just turns his back towards the vehicle. Luckily, they don't get spotted or recognized before continuing. As they enter the house, the girl suddenly runs to a small window and climbs through it, confusing Banner, and pissing Y/N off.

"Should've got paid up front, Banner." He whispers to himself, and Y/N just looks at his friend with a look that says "Are you fucking kidding me, Bruce". However, as they are about to just head on back to the clinic, they hear a voice in one of the rooms off to the side. 

"You know, for a man whose supposed to be avoiding stress, you picked a hell of a place to settle." A woman, who has red hair and green eyes, comes out of the corner to meet the two of them. Bruce drops his bag, and Y/N clenches his hands tightly, cracking his knuckles in doing so, while looking at the woman.

"Avoiding stress isn't the secret." Bruce says, knowing full well that this is a trap.

"Then what is it? Yoga?" She asks. Then Bruce starts checking out the windows, looking to see if there are any people outside, ready to attack. Y/N, on the other hand, keeps his glare on her.

"Come to kill us have you? Are you some sort of assassin? Or do you plan to relish in the moment that you are facing the Hulk and his partner?" He says to her with as much venom he can muster, but she just gives him a small smile.

"I would've killed you without you knowing, if I even was going to." She wittily says, making Y/N scoff at her before he unclenches his fist and sits down on a chair that is conveniently place in front of a table.

"You brought us here the edge of the city. Smart. I uh...assume the whole place is surrounded." Bruce assumes to the woman, who drops her cloak to the side.

"Just you two and me." She says, but the youngest one out of the three of them knows fully well that there are armed men outside, waiting to either tranquilize Bruce and him or riddle them with lead bullets.