Birthday Celebration Gone Wrong (Thor Ragnarok: Rage Bound 2017)

2017

"Hey, Y/N. How are you? Are you doing well?" Carol Danvers speaks through the phone her and her lover, Y/N L/N, made in case they are ever galaxies apart from one another. 

"I'm doing good here. A few terrorist attacks here and there, nothing serious." He responds, inspecting his metal arms that are starting to scratch and chip away.

"That's good to hear. Listen, I know I said that I would try my best to come and visit you on your birthdays, but right now I can't...Talos and I are currently on our way to the next planet, and this one is thousands of light years away from Earth, so it'll take at least a week at least to return, a month if things go south."

"It's alright if you can't come back to Earth. Other planets need Captain Marvel, so go do what you do best, Carol."

"Thanks, Y/N. Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday." This brings a big smile on the birthday boy's face before he hears someone calling for him, more specifically, Sam Wilson, the Falcon.

"Hey, Y/N! C'mon, we can't start without the birthday boy!" He calls out to the youngest Avenger.

"I'll be right there." He responds to Sam before going back to Carol. "Talk to you soon?"

"Definitely, bye Y/N. I love you."

"Bye, Carol. I love you too." They soon hang up the call before Y/N catches up to Sam and are met with the rest of the Avengers team, Steve, Natasha, Rhodey, Tony, eventhough he's kind retired for a while, Maria Hill, Vision, Clint, because he wanted to be their for his teammates birthday considering he's on vacation with the family, and the Maximoff twins, Wanda and Pietro.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday Y/N!" The party poppers explode, and everyone starts blowing on their horns to celebrate the strongest Avenger's special day.

"Happy Birthday, congratulations, Happy Birthday, with salutations, Happy Birthday, may your skies stay blue, Happy Birthday to you!" They all sing to him before they clap with joy as Y/N engulfs them in a group hug, tears of joy streaming down his face.

"Thank you so much, you guys. This is the best birthday yet." He says letting go of the hug and wiping away his tears.

"Well, we didn't want you to feel left out of the group. Enough talk, it's time to party!" Tony cheers, and the others follow along. Everyone is now doing their own thing at the moment, with Steve and Sam talking about their war stories, Natasha, Maria, and Clint are conversing over drinks, Tony and Rhodey are currently in a game of Pinball, taking turns to beat each other's high score, and Y/N and the Maximoff twins are sitting on the couches, chatting.

"How are you liking the party so far, Y/N?" Pietro asks, and he's already starting to lose his Sokovian accent alongside his sister. 

"It's great. I'm here with the people I care about so much, minus Thor and Bruce of course." Y/N responds before taking a sip of his root beer. In the back of his mind, he is still worried about the whereabouts of the other two original members of the team.

"You've been trying to find them for the past year or so. Try to relax every once in a while, stressing over them too much won't do you any good." Wanda says after taking a sip of her soda.

"When did you start becoming a therapist all of a sudden?" Y/N jokingly asks, causing the three of them to laugh along with the joke. When suddenly, an ember appears out of nowhere and quickly forms into a ring and opens up a portal, revealing a man garbed in blue robes, yellow gloves, and a red cloak. He is also wearing a very intricate necklace that gives off the same energy as the scepter of Loki, and the Tesseract.