One Last Time(Post Credits)

As soon as he hears the cries of his daughter, calling out for her own father to wake up and come back to her, he sheds a final tear, heart shattered from being unable to do anything but watch her cry to her mother. But afterwards, his eyes widen with a gasp as Y/N stands in an oddly serene plane, clear blue skies with a hint of silver clouds, and below his feet, he can see his own reflection as he is walking on water, with every step, the water ripples and distorts his perception of himself as he looks back up to try and make heads and tails of where he's currently at. 

"Hey there, true believer." A voice says to him, causing him to sharply turn and see an old man, way past his prime, wearing a pair of light-colored shades and a moustache too. He walks towards Y/N, unafraid of him whatsoever.

 He walks towards Y/N, unafraid of him whatsoever

"Wait...I remember you, you're the army veteran that was at Tony's party back in New York." Y/N recalls, vaguely getting flashes of that night, seeing the old man get drunk off of Asgardian alcohol really quickly and carried out shortly after. Hearing this, the old man chuckles and nods his head.

"Yup, that's me, but I was always there when the heroes are there to save the day." He says with a wise smile before he stands beside Y/N, looking around at the endless sky and water as the two of them meet beyond the horizon.

"So, I'm dead, basically. Is that why you and I are here?" Y/N asks, still trying to make sense of where he is and why he is here.

"Well, you see, kid, this universe was of my own design. I once saw a kid play a certain video game and went on about how strong this character was, and I thought to myself, "What if I could pit him against some of the strongest beings in all of the universe?" So, here you are." The old man says, causing Y/N to merely raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"So you're saying, Asura was sent by you to train me for what was to come? And all the other Guardian Generals?" 

"Yup, but I also wanted to show you the other two timelines that would've happened if things were different." He says, waving his hand in the air from left to right, causing two circular openings, like portholes on a ship to appear and play a certain event from when he was alive, during the final battle. The first alternate ending had him still alive, playing with his daughter in the grass while Carol is seen smiling happily at the both of them, a Border Collie puppy running to the father and daughter and playing with them as well. On the other porthole, Berserker Asura is seen mercilessly tearing through hordes off enemies, and even close friends, he couldn't distinguish what from which as it turns towards a lifeless Ruby, causing the current Y/N's eyes to widen in horror at the ending.

"So...I could've gone on a rampage and killed everyone..." Y/N says softly as he looks down at the water floor, processing the information all together, but a hand is placed on his shoulder, causing him to turn to the old man, who gives him a sad smile.

"I'm sorry, kid. Sometimes sacrifices must be made in order for a brighter future to pave it's way through. But...I'm not just gonna leave you here all alone, as calm and serene as it may be. You see, I actually got in touch with a good friend of mine, and well, he and I made a little agreement. He said that we'd like to give you a second chance at this, so...we've decided to show you the future of the current universe before you say one last goodbye." The old man says as he opens up another tear in the plane, gesturing for Y/N to enter through, which he does as the old man follows right after.