5 Years Later(Avengers: Endgame 2019)

2023

The world was quieter, much duller that before due to the fact that half of the population vanished into dust after the now coined "Blip" when Thanos snapped his fingers. Billions of lives were lost on Earth, and trillions more have been lost in the entire universe as the remaining Avengers and powerful officials, such as Okoye of the Dora Milaje of Wakanda, are doing their best to at least mitigate the consequences of Thanos's actions. Some, however, have decided to settle down, start anew, like Tony and Pepper, who now have a young daughter named Morgan. But not everyone can have such a new start after five years of grief.

At the Avengers Compound, which is just as quiet as any other place on Earth after the Blip, Natasha is seen making herself a peanut butter sandwich as she discusses with Rocket, Okoye, Rhodey, Nebula, and Carol on the hologram table about the current situation in the universe and on Earth.

"We boarded that "highly suspect warship" Danvers pinged." Rocket informs the people listening.

"It was an infectious garbage scow." Nebula says, glaring directly at Carol for the false alarm.

"So thanks for the hot tip-" Rocket sarcastically says.

"You were closer." Carol says back with a shrug.

"Yeah, and now we smell like garbage." The racoon comments before Natasha turns to Okoye about progress on her end.

"You get a reading on the tremors?" She asks the Dora Milaje leader.

"T'was a mild subduction under the African plate." Okoye informs her, not thinking of it as a major issue.

"Do we have a visual? How are you handling it?" Natasha asks, stressed out over the situations that have piled up over the past five years.

"Nat. It's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it." She reasons with the spy, who silently agrees before turning to Carol.

"Carol, are we seeing you here next month? Y/N's getting a little restless without you here, and not the good kind." Natasha asks her friend's lover.

"Not likely." Carol responds, and Rocket makes a quip.

"What, you gonna get another haircut?" He jokingly asks, but she isn't laughing and instead turns to him.

"Listen, furface. I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere, on thousands of planets." She explains, which makes Rocket back down as he mutters that she has a fair point before she turns back to Natasha. "So you might not see me for a long time...give my apologies to Y/N, would you?"

"No need." A masculine voice says, and everyone turns to the source and finds Y/N, Carol's husband, who walks into the meeting area, looking a bit more rugged than he used to five years prior. He has a small stuble as his hair has grown up to his lower neck as some strands seem to barely touch his shoulders. (A/N: Think of Aizawa's stubble and hairstyle and that's Y/N as of the moment.) "Hey, Carol. It's fine, if I had the time, I would've come and joined you out in space." He says to try and reason with his wife.

"It's alright. Besides, we have a little one we need to take care of, I don't want her to grow up without two parents in her life. I'll make time, I promise." Carol reasons with him, and everyone seems to keep quiet, even Rocket knows not to quip when the two of them are discussing, for they are two of the strongest Avengers on the team.

"I'll hold you to that. But..." As Y/N goes to explain, little patters of footsteps echo through the compound as a small blonde-haired girl comes rushing towards the meeting with her arms out wide and a smile on her face.