Chapter 19 (HEARTFELT CONFESSION)

All (in unison)- What????

Shr- Yes. It's the truth. I hadn't realized it until yesterday.

Pushkar- Why... I mean what exactly happened yesterday, that you came to know about this?

Shr- I was not so vigilant about it till yesterday. Actually yesterday when I was about to go in search of Chhoti Ma, she panicked and started crying. I wasn't able to understand her reason of resentment. Upon asking her I got to know that she was damn scared to lose me. But I know that she knew I was capable of overcoming such problems. Because before being my wife, she is my childhood bestie. This was not all. I have been noticing her, she has got way
too much sensitive regarding every issue which concerns me and our family. She is scared to lose the family which she has hot after years of loneliness.

Ram- So what you mean to say is that, my daughter is suffering from Thanatophobia. (Closes his eyes and curses himself)
You know what it was my fault. I knew what they were doing to her, still, I didn't do anything. They made her feel like a burden. She was alone even after being surrounded by her family. It would have been better had I given her custody to her paternal family who actually cared about her. I...
(Thanatophobia- it means the extreme fear of losing your loved ones)

Nir- Wait, what!!!! What are you saying? Her father's family was ready to accept her?

Ram- (sighing) Yes they wanted her custody. And they knew that she would not be happy in TK. They had clearly told me that even though Tiwariji loved her more than anyone else, the other members would always be partial towards her. But I was indebted to Tiwariji. And thus fought the case such that her custody was given to Tiwari family. But today I realize that my decision was actually wrong. Even though her Nanu loved her, he could never stop the partiality shown towards her behind his back. And now after he got old, he wasnt able to do much as Suman stopped him everytime. She suffered too much since such a young age, that now she has developed this disorder. Shravan beta, I beg of you. (Holding his hands) Do anything that is in your hands, but sure my daughter. I cant see her in pain anymore. Please beta (on the verge of crying).

Shr- Dad please hold on to yourself. Even I am worried. But we cant break down like this. Even blaming ourselves wont help. What we have to do is try to dissolve this fear of hers. I have actually consulted a psychiatrist friend of mine. He suggested me to create a happy environment for her and try to keep her away from unhappy incidents as far as possible. So I was thinking that as Diwali is day after tomorrow we should celebrate all three days in a grand way. This would keep her engaged and being around the family might help her overcome her fear. What say???

Pushkar- Actually this is a good idea. Isse Sumo ka dhyan bhi bat jaayega and woh khush bhi rahegi without thinking about the past. Rest ap sab decide karo.

Preeti- Actually Shravan make sure that you buy her some gifts. She always had a wish that someone gift her something without being asked from and hoping nothing in return. Woh alag baat hai, she would gift them something for sure. Actually after you went to London, she understood how mean and selfish her so called friends were who were with her just for their benefits an left her side when she them the most. That was during the inauguration of PCT. Di doesn't know that I know how much she had suffered during those days. She didn't have money to open the PCT. But then she did part time jobs and the money she got through them, she used that to open PCT. That time bone of her friends helped her and she was all alone and Mummy was all the time taunting her. Buaji wanted to stay in TK and thus always sided Mummy and Diw as left all alone.

Varun- But Anuj to tha na. And as much as I remember, he loved Suman to the moon and back. Didn't he help her?

Preeti- Actually when Shravan went off, Bhaiya too went to Mumbai for job after a few months. And it was after his departure that Mummy started this taunting game. And then Bhaiya was transferred to US. So it was much more easier for mom to create problems for di as she wouldn't even complain to Dadu about it. All in all I just want to say what I had told Shravan in hospital. Please only you are the one who can heal her years old wounds. Nothing else can.