Chapter 31 (MOMENTS OF BLISS)

AnRushi's Room, MM (When everyone had gone into their rooms. )

From the time they had come into their room, Anuj hadn't spoken a single word. Though Aarushi tried, but he just changed and went to sleep taking her in his arms. But how would sleep come easily to him when he was seeing the teary face of his Chhoti again and again whenever he closed his eyes. Her tears had hit him hard. Though he had tried to diffuse everyone else's confusions downstairs, but how would he handle himself when each tear of his dear little sister pricked his heart like a thorn.
She just wasn't his sister, but his daughter.

When he had held her in his arms for the very first time 26 years ago, she had stopped crying immediately and looked at him with her almond shaped eyes. And that was the moment, Anuj could feel the sudden surge of a feeling of protectiveness towards her. He didn't know when such a bond formed between the bothof them, but he was very much sure of one thing and that was the fact that, he was going to protect her forever like a shield. But in the last ten years, he had failed miserably, so miserably that she had landed up in the hospital due to nervous breakdown. And today seeing her fainting again because of her phobia and then leaving the house, was too much for him to digest. He knew for a fact that Shravan wouldn't ever cheat on his Sumo, but His Chhoti's condition was scaring him. He was getting restless with each passing second.

Aarushi could see his restlessness and understand his inner turmoil. But Anuj wasn't ready to share his feelings. He has been like that only from the beginning. It has always been very difficult for him share his feelings with others. And ot was an even tougher task for Aaru to make him spill it all out. But she too was Mrs. A and knew her job very well. She got up from his embrace and sat up. Seeing her getting up, Anuj too got up, though confused.

Anuj- What happened Sona? You all okay? Why did you get up so suddenly?

Aaru- I think, this should be my question. Dev, spill it all out. You know na, you can't hide anything from me. (Cupping his face) Please tell me na baby. I know you are not okay. Please share your feelings. You will feel lighter.

Anuj- (sighing deeply) What should I share Sona. I.... I..... (and he bursted out crying and hugged her tightly)

Aarushi- (patting his back and kissing his head time to time as if assuring him of her presence) Dev, cry it all out. You will feel better. You have pent up all your feelings inside. I know it. But please don't worry....

Anuj- How shouldn't I worry Aaru? My Chhoti is in so much pain. Though u know for a fact that, leaving the house doesn't have anything to do with Shravan or cheating. Coz she was lying.

Aarushi- (shocked and coming out of the hug) Whattttt!!!!! But if you knew that she was lying, then why didn't you stop her. And now why are you crying? Now am utterly confused. Please clear it all out.

Anuj- (holding her hands) Baby, I know my Chhoti since the day I came to know of her existence in this world when she was in Priya Bua's womb. I have literally nurtured her since childhood. She is more of a daughter to me than a sister and that's why I know when she is lying. And I knew it that very instant that she was lying, but the problem is that she was in pain. It clearly means that she in undergoing something else about which we are unaware of. Even though she was blaming Shravan, it was paining her inside coz she knew that it would pain her Shravan too. I don't know what she is hiding from us, I just want to know that she us okay. To solve one problem, she has literally gone into the hell. I just hope she is fine.

Aarushi- Anuj, you know what, I am proud of you. I feel so lucky to be your wife. The way you love her, I just am so.... well am speechless. But I would tell you one thing. If you know your sister this much, then remember the fact that she is a fighter and also very smart. I am sure, she must have dropped a hint to Shravan. And it wouldn't be long before we hear the car leaving our porch towards its destination.