Chapter 34 (THE UNEXPECTED GUEST)

2 Days Later,

MM, 8.00 AM

The living room, which always was serene and quiet, with the family members enjoying their morning tea with the newspaper, today looked like a fish market, due the immense hustle bustle going on. Every other worker was busy in some errand or the other. But none was sitting idle, not even the bride and groom to be.

Kamini- Oh God! Do it fast, you guys. Why is it taking so long? I tell Jiji these workers na, always work lazily when we need them to work faster. Don't they know what and we are going, that they are literally working at snail pace.

Nirmala- (She comes and hold Kamini's hand) Calm down Kami. Look they are already overworked, so as you. Please just relax and take a breath.

Kamini- Jiji, how can I Calm down when so much work is left to be taken care of. Even our children are so much busy with the other tasks. I can't even burden them more. And look at them here.... Offo Mohan (servant), have you put that brown suitcase in the car boot? (Seeing him nodding negatively) (fuming) Then what are you waiting for? Should I call the priest to find an auspicious date for you or what? You...

Nirmala-(shaking her head exasperatedly) Gosh! Kami, sometimes na you are just impossible. Here, take this water and drink (strictly). And you Mohan, go and put that suitcase and yeah, do put the other required things also, that I had written in the list. Go now.

As the servant went away, she held Kamini's hand and took her to the couch and both sat there.

Nirmala- Relax Kami. Why are you getting so worked up. Everything is under control. You yourself overlooked so many arrangements over there in Manali....

Kamini- Yahi to dar hai na jiji. Am doing all this after such a long time. I just hope I haven't messed up anything.

Nirmala- Arre, you are an idiot. No am serious.  We just had conducted two parties over here in MM only and you did itso flawlessly. Then why are you so much worried now. This is your daughter's marriage that you have planned. So I don't think there would be any problem. And am damn sure, Aaru and Anuj would love it.

Kamini- (worry etched on her face)
Jiji, that time you all too were with me here. But whatever arrangements I planned in Manali, I have done it all alone. I just hope I don't disappoint Aaru. This the first function forward in out family. I don't want yo ruin it for her.

"And you won't ruin it. Don't worry.", commented Ramnath from behind.

Ramnath- Just chill okay. See all these functions, we are conducting, are for enjoyment. So whatever be it, we all for sure are gonna enjoy to the fullest. This would be the first and best trip for our entire family. So don't you all get worried.

Soon Lalaji also joined them and the senior Malhotras continued discussing and trying to calm down the agitated Kamini. But the couple of the discussion, looked so worried.

Aarushi- Did you see that Dev? Masima si so worried. That is the reason I wanted out wedding yo be a very simple affair. But look at them giving us a destination wedding and that too in Manali. I just don't want them to get so worked up for all these when we are already being threatened by this new villain.

Anuj- Hey, dear, calm down Sona. Look even I thought so in the beginning. But then I noticed something and stopped myself from preventing them.

Aaru- And what did you notice?

Anuj- Their happiness. Look Sona, you said right. We are being hounded by a new villain and it's all so frustrating and all the family members are so tensed. But baby, these functions serve as a distraction for them. This will give them a new found way to release all their stress and they can smile and laugh unrestricted. And then, o have the security too na. Everything will be taken care of. I just don't want our entire family to stay worried for nothing. Chalo now you too smile.