Chapter 22 (MALHOTRA'S SURPRISE 3.O)

It was a dream. A dream come true for her. Her entire family celebrating her birthday together. But, but, but.... it was not only her birthday but her and Ram's Marriage Anniversary. Never had she in the last ten years, ever dare to imagine this scene, coz it always gave her pain of not being present in her family or even with her Husband. The happiness she received today was not because of the extravagance of the party or the shimmering lights that illuminated the entire lawn. It was the twinkle in the eyes of her children, her husband and her entire family. The fact that they remembered this day and put up so much effort to make her feel special, was too overwhelming for her, because she had made herself believe that happiness and she were not meant to be together. But here, today, at this very moment, every fact was negated and every belief of the last ten years was put to shame, because today according to her, she had won the battle of her life and was standing with her family. 

Nothing could dim the brightness and the glow on her face, because it was the beauty of her happiness which reflected on her face. The moment she heard the wishes from her family, she was stumped. Every member held a placard with her name, they way each one referred her. Like, Shravan, Suman and Aarushi held a placard which showed, "MA". PreeKar and Varun-Vandy held the one saying "BADI MA", Ramnath, the one with "NIMMI, MY SWEETHEART" and Lalaji-Kamini, the one with, "BHABHI" and "JIJI".

She didn't move from her place, neither she showed any action. She was too shocked to react. In all the worries, pressure and tension of the previous days, she had actually forgotten that it was her birthday as well as her marriage anniversary. Everyone wished her with a tight hug and smile. Though she was eagerly waiting for Ram's wish, who was standing and waiting patiently for his turn, which seemed to  come after ages. But something about his stance told her to beware of his actions. And her intuition turned out to be true when he wished her happy birthday, hugged her and whispered, "Happy 35th Marriage Anniversary DARLING" and kissed just below her ear before coming out of the hug. Nirmala blushed, but soon her eyes were as wide as saucers when he kissed her cheek in front of everybody. Everyone hooted at his open display of romance. But how could she stop him, when a part of her wanted this too. Right then Lalaji quipped in, " Wow, after so many years am able to see the romantic and mischievous side of Bhaisahab. After Bhabhi went away, it was as if, she had taken  the SOUL of her Ram with her leaving someone else here. But now am sure, we got him back, so there will be a lots of occasions for us to pull their legs."

Ramnath didn't want to stay behind in the teasing club and thus butted in, "Ah! I guess Nimmi, that our Lala has forgotten that even he got his beloved back and with that his romantic bone has started growing again. You know I am the sole witness of it. Should i tell them Lala, what were you up to in the terrace today in the afternoon when everybody had went to take rest."

Lalaji's eyes grew wide and immediately shook his head negatively and what to say about Kamini. She was blushing like a new bride. That's when Aarushi asked, "But how did you get to know papa?"

Ramnath- Well, actually, I had a client meeting on video call. But Nimmi was resting and she was so tired. I didn't want to disturb her, so went up to the terrace. But what I saw there, put my virgin eyes to shame (acting all innocent and teasing). So I went away from there and settled in the living room for the meeting.

Nirmala- Really, Ram! Your eyes and that too virgin? Its the joke of the decade. (she retorted)

Ramnath-  (acting all cheeky) Off course baby. Off course, it is the joke of the upcoming century not only the decade. but it is the truth of the past one decade. (seriousness dripping in his voice)

Even Nirmala and Kamini got sad thinking about the past decade which brought nothing, but miseries in their life, just because of one single person and her obsession. Seeing the atmosphere turning all gloomy, the brothers decided to get them all back on track and thus silently slipped away from there. The guests were yet to come coz the Malhotras didn't want to spoil their family moments. They couldn't bring it upon themselves to share so private moment of theirs with outsiders. Thus they had this small cute moment with only the family members. And it proved to be worth it, seeing the banter between elders, A completely sew sight for the youngsters, and the happiness on Nirmala's face, the ultimate goal of this party.