*Chapter Forty Five*

Bonnie nibbles on her lower lip as she shuffles around the kitchen

Bonnie nibbles on her lower lip as she shuffles around the kitchen. She opens and closes the fridge a couple of times too lost in her thoughts to focus on the sandwich she's attempting to make. Her thoughts centered around the man freshening up in her bathroom and the fact that his brother is her friends mate yet also wants to kill her best friend but they can't kill him to keep said best friend alive.

She promised Alvina she would find a way to keep Klaus alive, Bonnie plans on sticking to that promise. However, that doesn't change her end goal of keeping Elena safe and alive. How she was going to accomplish a task that seems impossible is beyond her.

She had been so lost in her racing thoughts that she didn't even notice her guest standing in the threshold of the kitchen. His hands are tucked into his pockets, a light smile on his lips as he observes her repetitive movements. It isn't until he clears his throat does she break from concentration.

"Oh, uh... Hi," Bonnie smile, spinning towards him. She rocks back and forth on her feet, her hands fidgeting in front of her. "You look better," She tells him, trying not to be too obvious about the fact that she is checking him out.

"Thank you," He replies, slowly moving into the kitchen. "You look beautiful," He compliments. She tries to bite back the smile but it doesn't really work. "What's happened since I was daggered?" He questions her, keeping a respectable distance. 

It didn't matter that he wanted to be so close that there would be no space between them. It didn't matter that he desired to run his hands over her body. All that mattered was what she was comfortable with and the last time they had been together she was more than reluctant to even walk beside him.

"Uh, a couple of things happened," Bonnie mentions, finding herself wanting to close the distance but also knowing that being away from him help keep her head clear. "Jonas and Luka are dead," She blurts, wincing at how insensitive she had been.

"Well, that's unfortunate," Elijah mutters, not exactly bothered by their death.

"Damon killed Luka when he tried to rescue you and Katherine killed Jonas when he tried to kill Elena. Katherine was impersonating her at the time," Bonnie further explains, her anxiety slowly climbing.

"Did he harm you for undaggering me?" Elijah asks, tensing the slightest bit. Bonnie shakes her head, smiling when she sees the tenseness in his shoulders disappear.

"Alvina helped me," Bonnie tells him. Elijah raises an eyebrow and Bonnie nods. "I wanted you back," She admits causing Elijah to smile. Bonnie takes a deep breath before continuing. "I didn't know how to get you, I didn't know where you were so I asked for her help. She brought me to you,"

"Not without a price, I assume," Bonnie's smile turns a bit sheepish.

"She did mention something about keeping Klaus alive," 

"Ah, yes, she mentioned that to me when I told her about him," Elijah remembers.

"If you kill Klaus, she's going to retaliate," Bonnie warns him. "And not just her, Enzo will be right beside her,"