*Chapter Twenty One*

*This chapter starts right after Damon and Alaric finish getting Stefan back and then it skips Under Control, Miss Mystic Falls, Blood Brothers, and Isobel. I know it skips a lot of episodes but those episodes honestly don't really contribute to my plot. The rest of the chapter continues in the season finale, Founder's Day.*

"Hey, what happened to you? You just disappeared on me" Damon says leaning against the door to Jeremy's room

"Hey, what happened to you? You just disappeared on me" Damon says leaning against the door to Jeremy's room. Alvina sits on the bed still regaining her energy and strength. Her hair is damp but no longer from the rain but from the shower she had just gotten out of.

"How's Stefan?" She asks quietly. Damon frowns his eyebrows instantly knowing something is seriously wrong. He moves from the doorway to the bed. Jeremy had moved to the kitchen to get her some food letting the two of them have a moment alone.

"He's alright, we got to him" Damon says sitting on the bed. "What happened?" He asks gently. She wraps her arms around her legs, hugging her knees to her chest. Jeremy's scent swarms her senses as she wears his clothes. It helps comfort her.

"We had just separated when I heard Jeremy screaming for help" Alvina beings to explain. "I left to go find him, instantly" Damon nods understanding that her priority is Jeremy. He isn't upset that she had left to go to Jeremy, he would have done the same for his soulmate. "Only, he wasn't there" She whispers looking at him.

"What do you mean he wasn't there?" Damon asks.

"Fairy's have this ability to create illusions. I don't use it often, it takes a lot out of me and I can't hold it very long. But a full blooded fairy can do it as easily as breathing and it's so real" She whispers. "I truly thought Jeremy was afraid for his life. I chased him throughout the entire forest it felt like"

"But it wasn't him, it was an illusion" Alvina nods.

"Pearl wanted revenge for me killing Anna. She tipped off a hunter, a fairy hunter. He captured me with this 'Enchanted Iron'. It weakened me. I could barely move, couldn't fight. I couldn't use my abilities, couldn't even reach out to Jeremy."

"What did he do?" Damon asks keeping an amazing amount of control over the anger that's bubbling in his chest.

"He took me to his truck. He tossed me into a cage that was made out of the same material. Said he was gonna sell me to the council or this place called Augustine" The moment she mentions the latter Damon tenses and his eyes darken. "What is it?" She asks softly.

"Are you sure he said Augustine?" Damon asks slowly. Alvina looks at him for a moment before nodding. Damon clenches his jaw and growls looking away from her.

"What is it?" She asks quietly. Damon takes a moment before sighing.

"Augustine is a place that does experiments on vampires" Damon says looking at her. "I was a prisoner there before we met and I barely escaped with my life" Damon says.