*Chapter Forty* {Daddy Issues}

*I wanted this to be longer but I also wanted to get an update out cause you guys have been wanting one so badly. Finals week is coming up so wish me luck! Good luck to everyone else who has finals coming.*

Alvina glances up as Damon struts into the parlor going straight for the bar

Alvina glances up as Damon struts into the parlor going straight for the bar. She watches as he walks around and places two glasses on the bar top before filling them to the brim. He then carries the glasses over to the couch and flops down beside her.

"I'm sorry about Rose," Alvina whispers. Damon simply responds by taking a large drink from the glass. Alvina sighs and follows his example.

"Thank you for taking her pain away," Damon says a few moments later. Alvina shoots him a small smile.

"Life sucks, doesn't it?" Alvina comments. Damon grunts taking another large drink.

"Where's lover boy one and two?" Damon grumbles.

"Spending a romantic evening together," Alvina tells him. Damon glances towards her with an arched eyebrow. "I told them I needed some me time before promising to make it up to them later in bed," Alvina grins a bit but it doesn't reach her eyes. "Of course, I was much more vivid with them than with you,"

"Thank you for sparing me those details," Damon says gagging. Alvina lets out a quiet laugh. "I've got an excuse to be down in the dumps, what's yours?" He asks knowing Alvina hardly knew Rose.

"What? I can't be sad with my best friend?" She asks looking at him.

"Not you," Damon shakes his head. "You don't let me mope unless you have something to mope about as well," 

"Why do you have to know me so well?" Alvina sighs looking back at her drink. Damon smirks a bit before taking another sip. "Elijah made me heal Katherine," She pouts. 

"How'd he manage that? He didn't hurt you did he?" Damon asks tensing. Alvina shakes her head. "So? How'd he do it?"

"Made a deal with me," She says vaguely. Damon groans loudly.

"Am I gonna have to pull your teeth out before you give me the whole story?" Damon asks. "What's going on, Al?"

"Niklaus Mikaelson," Alvina sighs looking down at her glass.

"Who's that?" Damon asks.

"The man everyone's afraid of," Alvina tells him. "The one that wants to sacrifice Elena," Damon tenses.

"What about him?" Damon asks. Alvina glances at him before revealing her mark to Damon. "Shit," He whispers.

"Yeah," Alvina nods recovering it. "Elijah told me,"

"He could be lying," Damon says hopefully.

"He's not," Alvina shakes her head. "I can feel it," She says slowly looking up at him. "Damon my soulmate wants to come to Mystic Falls and kill Elena, Jeremy's sister. He wants to kill the girl that you care so much about, that Stefan is in love with or not in love with, I don't know it's hard to keep up with you three," Alvina sighs slouching on the couch.