*Chapter Five*

"What is Damon doing here?" Zach asked Stefan as Alvina munched on some breakfast

"What is Damon doing here?" Zach asked Stefan as Alvina munched on some breakfast. "Why did he come home?"

"'Cause I came home. He wants to make my life miserable. That's how he enjoys his" Stefan informs him. Alvina smiles to herself as she watches the two of them while not so quietly eating her cereal.

"Well, he's putting us all at risk" Zach snipped while stealing a glance at Alvina. She smirks and sends him a wink. Zach didn't know her that well, just that she's some chick that ages slow and follows Damon around. Though Stefan warned him not to say that 'she follows Damon around' unless he wants to listen to a lecture on how Alvina is an 'independent woman who follows no man around'. "This girl in the hospital could talk," He said quickly looking away from the Fairy.

"She won't" Stefan assures him. "I took care of her"

"You're sure?" Zach asked doubtfully.

"I'm not sure, Zach. I don't know how well it worked. I'm not as strong as Damon" Stefan told him.

"Well, what about you?" Zach asked looking t Alvina. Alvina stops mid-chew.

"What about me?" She mumbles.

"Can't you do something?" Zach asked. "Make sure this girl doesn't talk"

"I mean technically yes" Alvina nods after swallowing what's in her mouth. He gives her an expectant look. "I'm not a baby sitter," She tells him. "I don't clean Damon's messes, I don't clean anybody's messes but my own, even then it's a good chance I'm not going to do anything." She shrugs. "You two are the ones who care so much, fix it yourself. I don't give a damn what happens to the Donovan girl"

"Then why are you here if you're not going to help us?" Zach snapped. Alvina shrugs innocently.

"At first it was just a new town, someplace to get my socializing for the year out of the way. I like my isolation but I could use a decent conversation that's not with the moronic older Salvatore every now and then. Now it's because I like someone in town and that's not Vicki Donovan."

"Aren't you worried that this madness could get worse? What if this person you like gets hurt?" Zach asked. Alvina laughs while standing up.

"Damon knows better than to piss me off and he knows that this person is severely off-limits, so does Stefan. Should anything happen to this person than whoever harmed him will know my wrath" Alvina smirks gleefully and wiggles her eyebrows at him. She winks at the human before going into the kitchen.

"Is she all there...?" Zach whispers to Stefan while motioning to his head. Stefan smirks and shrugs. Zach sighs and rubs his face stressfully. "So, what happens if it doesn't work?" He asks him.

"I don't know, I'll deal with it," Stefan told him.

"Is she worth it?" Zach asked. "Uncle Stefan, this girl you came back for?" Stefan doesn't answer him, he simply leaves.