*Chapter Nine*

"It's been a while since I've been to a high school football game," Alvina said

"It's been a while since I've been to a high school football game," Alvina said. Her hand locked with Jeremy's as they walked through a crowd.

"Where was the last high school you went too?" Jeremy asked eagerly. Alvina smiles and wraps her free hand around his arm. She loved how interested he is in every little detail of her life. She especially loves how he lights up and hangs onto every word.

"New York, just outside of the city." She told him. "Every couple of years Damon and I would take turns choosing where to go next. I wanted to go to New York so that's where we went."

"When?" He asked.

"Class of 2000," She told him. "We stayed in New York for a few years after I graduated. After that we just traveled around, lived out of our suitcases until Damon caught wind that Stefan was here in Mystic Falls."

"Why do they hate each other so much?" Jeremy asked. Alvina sighs and leans into him as she thought about her answer.

"Well, I think it's a little bit of a lot of things." She told him. "Damon never wanted to be a vampire, Stefan took that choice from him. That among other things" She said. "For decades Damon's been doing his best to make his life miserable."

"Elena's not going to get caught up in it, is she?" Jeremy asked. Alvina looks up at him.

"I don't think she has a choice" Alvina whispers. Jeremy frowns his eyebrows. Alvina leads him a little bit away from the crowd. "I believe Elena is Damon's soulmate but he won't touch her because he's in love with someone else. Now Stefan is getting involved with her and they like each other, a lot."

"But one way or another, she's going to get caught in their mess" Jeremy sighs.

"Don't stress about it too much, alright? Stefan won't let anything happen to her, once Damon gets his head out of his ass, he won't let anything happen to her, and I'll keep an eye out for her, just for you" Alvina assures him.

"That makes me feel better" He mutters truthfully.

"Don't seem so surprised, Jeremy" She grins laughing a little to herself. Her arms draped around his shoulders. "You trust me and I plan on keeping that trust" She whispers before kissing his lips lightly. "So, tell me, what do you usually do at these games?" She asked neither of them paying attention to Tanner's speech nor caring about his obsession with Stefan.

"Drink, smoke" He shrugs. "Have a good time" He grins.

"Oh really?" She whispers tilting her head. "I fear you don't truly know how to have a good time," She tells him teasingly.

"Why don't you show me?" He smirks and she grins.

"Come on" she whispers pulling him over to his friends. She snatches a bottle from one of them while giving the boy a look, daring him to object. He simply holds his hands up and takes a bottle from the next person. She smirks and turns back to Jeremy.