*Chapter Fifty Six* {The Birthday}

*I think I'll bring Kai in around the time Mikael dies? Just to give you guys a little idea of when he might come*

"Rudy!" A woman whistles. "Rudy... Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you!" She bends down to grab a toy and when she stands up Klaus is standing barely a foot away.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah, my car ran out of gas a couple of miles back," Klaus explains feigning an American accent. "Eh, I feel like I've been walking forever... Yours is the first house I come to so I was just hoping I could use your phone?"

"Don't you have a cell phone?"

"Heh, yeah... Battery died. Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer I just wanna use your phone."

"Sure,"

"So, I can come in?" Klaus questioned, following her a couple of steps.

"No, I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you."

"I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting," Klaus growled, returning to his natural accent.

"I'm from Florida," The woman snarks.

"Well, that explains it," Klaus closes the distance between them and has her throat in his hands before she can blink. "Now show me a little southern hospitality," He compels. "Sweet pea," He adds mockingly.

The woman invites Klaus inside. The two make their way into the kitchen where another woman is cooking. She's talking but freezes when she sees her girlfriend looking terrified beside Klaus.

"Please don't be alarmed. I was told Ray Sutton lives here," Klaus states.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly," She says, her heart hammering in her chest.

"But I expect he makes it home, once a month," Klaus assumes. The look on their faces confirms his assumption. "That's what I thought. Where is he now?... If I have to make you tell me it's going to be infinitely more painful for you. Hmm..."

The girl darts away leaving her blond companion alone with Klaus.

"She's a peach, isn't she?" Klaus mutters, pulling the woman after the runaway. 

"If there's one thing that I just can't stand..." Enzo states standing on the other side of the screen door. His eyes lock on the dark-skinned woman. "it's disloyalty." His eyes hardened. The woman whimpers turning to Klaus he gives her a taunting look.

"He's in Toll. It's near the border. A bar called Southern Comfort. It's on Highway 41." She reveals. While Enzo is pleased she gave up the location he tsks at yet another display of disloyalty.

"Thank you, my love. Now, may my mate come in?" Klaus questions, petting the blonde woman's hair.

"Yes." The woman cries. Enzo smirks strutting into the home.