*Chapter Fifty Three*

*I'm sorry if this chapter is a cringe, hope you still enjoy it!*

Damon had seen the effects of Alvina's bite before but, thankfully, he's never experienced it first hand

Damon had seen the effects of Alvina's bite before but, thankfully, he's never experienced it first hand. He briefly wondered how it differed from this werewolf bite Tyler so kindly gave him. He wondered if it was any worse. Though, it was hard to imagine a pain worse than this.

He felt his energy leaving him. His body temperature was sky rocketing yet he felt cold. Then came the visions. Images he believed to be real but somehow just knew they weren't.  

As he thinks about it, he isn't screaming in agony like he's seen some of Alvina's victims do. So, he supposes he's getting off easy. It would be a lot easier if the stubborn fairy would have just let him speed up the process by frying in the sun. Guess that's on him for having such an attentive best friend. 

He hoped Alvina would find a cure but logic told him it wouldn't happen. There was no cure for Rose, so why would there be a cure for him? Why does he get the cure and not her? She had just gained her freedom when she got her bite. He's had his freedom. She had more reasons to live than he did. So, why him? It didn't make sense.

As the last question ran through his mind, a woman fills his head. He imagined her ovalish face, her thick curly hair and her naturally tanned skin. A hint of a smile came to his lips as he imagined the contrast of her skin compared to his. He wondered if it was as soft and delicious as it looked.

When his eyes opened, he saw her standing in the doorway. He was torn between two reasonings behind seeing her. One, he was dead and her angelic form has come to collect him, and two, she's another one of his visions the bite is tormenting him with. Either way, he refuses to look away.

Even if she isn't truly there he wants her to be. He hasn't seen her in months. He only had a glimpse of her when he and Alvina broke her and Enzo out of Augustine. A simple glimpse, a few words, and she slipped through his fingers. He spoke with her over the phone and through text but it did nothing to pacify the need to feel her skin and urge to be near her.

"You're not looking too hot there, babe," Her voice is as rich as he remembered it. He doesn't want her to stop talking. He wants her to be the last one he looks at and the last voice he hear.

"I wish you were here," He whispers. In a heartbeat, she's sitting beside him. Her eyes observe his face before fluttering down to his hand. After a brief moment of hesitance, she reaches out and grabs it. Despite the pain and numbness in his body, he still feels the tingling of the bond initiating. 

"I am," She whispers, lifting his hand up to her lips. She kisses his knuckles before opening his fingers and nuzzling into his palm. He gathers the strength to press his hand against her cheek.

"Emilia... You're here," He whispers. She smiles nodding. "About damn time," She laughs, kissing his palm before lowering it back to the bed. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting,"