*Chapter Six*

"Why are we coming out here?" Jeremy asked as Alvina leads him through the woods and away from the town

"You'll see," She tells him. She turns her head towards him and winks before leading him further into the woods.

She looks up through the trees, smiling at the comet. It truly is a beautiful sight. Similar to the way the moon controls the tide of the ocean, the comet gives off powerful magical properties. Everything felt more vibrant, more alive. Even after the comet has passed, it's energy still flows through the Earth.

"This'll do," She said finding a small clearing. The light from the comet an the moon lights up the area nicely. They were truly alone. Just her, him and nature. Perfect for her to show him.

"So, what did you need to tell me?" Jeremy asked. Alvina takes in a deep breath and gives him a slightly nervous smile. She hopes he'll take this well.

"I haven't been completely honest with you. I didn't come here because my mother died. I have no blood relation to Stefan. I came here because I've been traveling with his older brother Damon." She explained. Jeremy frowns his eyebrows not understanding. Alvina sighs. "I'm not human, not completely."

"What? What are you talking about?" He asks her.

"I'm only half-human, my father was human. My mother, however, was something else" She tells him. "My mother was a Fairy" Jeremy presses his lips together, obviously not believing her. "I can prove it," She tells him quickly.

"Ok" He nods taking in a slow breath. She smiles slightly. She then spins three times. Jeremy's eyes widened and he stumbles back into a tree.

"Be careful!" Alvina grins at Jeremy reaching out to him.

"You're- you-... You have... you have wings" He whispers with wide eyes. She flaps them and hovers over the grass for a few moments before landing again. 

"Fairy" She mutters with jazz hands.

"Oh, Jesus" He whispers leaning heavily against the tree. She quickly spins three times turning back into her human self. She quickly walks closer to him.

"Hey, easy" She mutters rubbing his back. He turns his head to look at her. "Believe me now?" She asks smirking. He scoffs and nods. "I have a lot more to explain, would you like to go to my house or yours?"

"There's more?" He mutters in disbelief. She grins and kisses his cheek. He sighs and stands up straight. He rubs his face trying to wrap his mind around the fact that the girl he's infatuated with has wings.

"We don't have to talk tonight?" Alvina assures him. She knew this was going to be a lot to take in. "But either way, you're going to want to hear my story sooner or later" Alvina warns.

"I want to hear it" Jeremy nods. "We should go to mine, I really don't want to hear another lecture if I come home too late." He tells her. She grins and nods.