*Chapter Thirty Six* [The Sacrifice]

*1. I just want to say a big thanks for everyone's support of this book and to me. I love you all, and it's much appreciated. 2. Last chapter, even though I didn't specify in the title, took place during the episode 'Katerina'; this chapter takes place in 'The Sacrifice'; love you all!*

"So, some dude named Klaus wants to kill Elena to break this thing called 'The Sun and Moon Curse': to do so, you need the moonstone, which is conveniently with Katherine in the tomb, that vampires can't enter

"So, some dude named Klaus wants to kill Elena to break this thing called 'The Sun and Moon Curse': to do so, you need the moonstone, which is conveniently with Katherine in the tomb, that vampires can't enter. You also need a vampire, which this town isn't in shortage of, and a werewolf, which just so happens to be that Lockwood kid." Alvina summarizes standing in the kitchen with her mates, the Salvatore's, and Elena.

"And the only way to get the moonstone is to drop the spell on the tomb, which releases Katherine," Enzo continues.

"Well, it's not the only way," Alvina shrugs, looking at those around her. "We know the spell prevents vampires from entering -"

"No," three simultaneous voices speak, not allowing Alvina to continue. Jeremy's hand instantly grabs hers as if he needed contact reassurance that she wasn't about to leave. Damon glares at her from across the kitchen island while Enzo takes a small step in an attempt to block her closest exit. Alvina rolls her eyes but closes her mouth.

"So, Katherine wants to make a deal. We drop the spell, we get the moonstone, she leaves Mystic Falls," Enzo redirects the conversation from Alvina's idea.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena questions.

"No, of course not," Damon instantly denies. "We just want the moonstone."

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break," Stefan explains.

"No spell, no doppelganger sacrifice. Ergo, you live," Damon states simply.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?" Elena wonders.

"Cause we have a crafty witch on our side," Damon smirks. "And our trusty fairy," Damon quickly adds, sending his best friend a wink. Alvina rolls her eyes but grins back at him with a dramatic hair flip right into Jeremy's face. The teenager flinches, and his face screws as the ends of her hair tickle his nose. Alvina giggles, kissing his cheek, bringing a lovesick grin onto Jeremy's lips.

"You discussed it with Bonnie," Elena states eyeing her brother and his girlfriend. Even Elena had to admit the little interaction was cute.

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us," Stefan reassures her.

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone; she's not gonna give it to you," Elena unnecessarily reminds them.

"Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it," Stefan says simply.