*Chapter Fifty Four*

When Elijah's eyes opened he didn't recognize his surroundings

When Elijah's eyes opened he didn't recognize his surroundings. He sat up from the cushioned couch. His eyes instantly land on the half-fairy sitting across from him in a folding chair.

"How long has it been?" He questions.

"About a two hours," Alvina shrugs. "I'm not sure when Klaus daggered you but it hasn't been long."

Elijah stares at Alvina, his eyebrows arched. When his brother daggers one of the siblings, it isn't simply for a couple of hours. 

"Let me lay out what's going to happen," Alvina states, leaning forward resting her elbows on her thighs. "Klaus, Enzo, Jeremy, Stefan and I are going to caravan across America and you're going to stay here with sweet Bonnie. You're going to leave us alone and we're going to leave you alone. You're also going to keep the fact that Elena is alive to yourself and enjoy your life with your mate without having to worry about your brother turning you into Princess Aurora. Capeesh?"

"And what of my other siblings?" 

"They've been comatose for this long, what's a little longer?" Alvina grinned unsurely. Elijah's unamused. She huffs and runs her fingers through her hair. "Give me some time Elijah," Alvina pleads. "Things are tense right now, let things settle down. Let me get Klaus to trust me and maybe I can convince him to release the rest of your siblings. In the mean time stay in Mystic Falls with Bonnie. For the love of God stay out of our way." 

Elijah's calculating eyes stare into Alvina's. The fairy doesn't blink nor look away. She hides her anxiety behind a façade of confidence. She knew if Elijah didn't agree to this then things were going to get more complicated. She was tired of complicated.

"Fine," Elijah concedes. Alvina's body almost falls out of the chair in relief. "But I won't wait forever," He warns. 

"I don't need forever, just a decade or two," Alvina jokes, standing up. Elijah's tempted to roll his eyes. "Tell Bonnie I said hey," Elijah smiles, his demeanor finally relaxing.

"Good luck with my brother," Elijah says.

"I'm gonna need it," Alvina mumbles while leaving to join her mates and Stefan outside of Alaric's apartment building. Her eyes fall on Enzo. Her eyes silently asking him about Damon. He smiles and gives her a reassuring nod. Her body is filled with overwhelming relief once again.

She wanted to see him before they left but knew the longer they stayed in Mystic Falls the more of a chance Klaus had of finding Elena. All their hard work and planning would be ruined if that happened. Alvina put too many man hours into keeping the bitch alive and hidden only for it to unravel not even two days after the ritual.

"Now that we're all here, shall we?" Klaus smirks motioning toward the car.

"So, any idea where to start?" Alvina asks. 

"One or two," Klaus smirks opening the passenger door for her, or either of the others, but the triad files into the back forcing Stefan to sit beside Klaus up front. The Salvatore sighs through his nose slowly wondering how he was going to survive with them.