*Chapter Thirty* {Kill or Be Killed}

"Jeremy, I don't want you around him

"Jeremy, I don't want you around him. Not right now," Alvina tells her mate. He glances away from the area with the pool tables and towards her. "It's not safe" She says not particularly liking the fact that she felt as if she were nagging him but also not really caring because she wants to keep him safe.

"He's not going to hurt me," Jeremy tells her. He grabs her hand and intertwines their fingers. Alvina smiles a bit and plays with his fingers. "He just needs someone to talk to and we need information that he has, that's it."

"I know we need to learn more about werewolves but-"

"But Tyler is the only one we can go to," Jeremy cuts her off. She gives him an annoyed look not liking when she's cut off. "Look, we're not going to get anything from Mason, not with Damon and Enzo trying to kill him. Tyler's the only one that can tell us what's going on. I've known him my entire life, he isn't going to hurt me"

"I'm not so worried about Tyler hurting you, I'm sure you can hold your own with him," Alvina grins slightly. Jeremy smirks back at her. "It's Mason I'm worried about," Alvina admits. "Damon and Enzo have basically declared war on Mason. The best way to get revenge on Enzo is through you and me. Is hanging around his nephew really the best idea?"

"Probably not," Jeremy shrugs. "But we still need to find out about werewolves and I want to be useful,"

"You're more useful than you give yourself credit for," Alvina smiles kissing his nose lightly. He didn't bother to fight back the smile. "But if this is something you really want to do then fine, but I'm coming with you" Alvina decides. He gives her a hesitant look. "You want to go with him alone?"

"You intimidate him," Jeremy tells her. She smirks feeling a bit of pride swell in her chest. "I need him to open up to me, to be comfortable" Alvina sighs slowly. "Trust me," Jeremy mutters kissing her forehead lightly. "If anything happens, you'll be the first to know" He promises.

"I do trust you," Alvina assures him. "I just don't want Tyler hurting you or Mason doing... God knows what

"That won't happen," Jeremy said out loud. "Mason is too busy chasing after Damon and Enzo. Besides, I don't think he knows about me and my connection to you and Enzo. I'll be safe. Let me do this, let me help with something"

"Fine," Alvina hesitantly gives in. "But please be careful. I don't exactly want to kill the Mayor's son because he hurt you"

"I'm sure that would just dampen your day," He teases slightly. Alvina smiles kissing him. "I love you," He whispers.

"I love you more, spaceman" She smiles a bit. Jeremy grins kissing her again. She pulls him closer instantly deepening the kiss.

"When did Jeremy Gilbert get so cute?" One of the girls hanging out with Tyler by the pool table wonders. 

"Oh no, stay away, that guy's damaged goods" Her friend replies. Alvina growls not knowing which statement angered her more. She pulls away from Jeremy and glares towards them.