*Chapter Forty Nine* {The Last Day}

"Are you positive Elena will survive?" Jeremy asks, sitting on the bed

"Are you positive Elena will survive?" Jeremy asks, sitting on the bed. His eyes are glued on Alvina as she slips her shirt over her head. She meets his gaze as she pushes her arms through the sleeves.

"She's going to be just fine, baby," Alvina promises. She walks up to him, her hands grazing his cheeks on their way to his hair. His hands come up to hold her wrists. "Bonnie is going to make sure she lives. She has a backup plan if the elixir fails. Elena will be safe," 

Jeremy smiles up at her. Alvina lowers to place a kiss on his forehead. Her lips linger as her hand lightly massages his head. Jeremy sighs, soaking up her affection until she pulls away from him.

"I know Stefan and Elena were planning on spending the day together but you should crash their party... Spending some time with her. You'll probably feel better," Jeremy sighs but slowly nods.

"Need to pick up my brotherly duty and annoy her for a while," Jeremy smirks.

"Exactly," She winks at him.

"And what will you two do?" Jeremy asks as she steps away from him.

"Make sure everything's in place for tonight, we don't want any surprises." Enzo tells him.

"Bonnie's dealing with a pretty big spell, I want to make sure she's prepared. She might need my help with something," Alvina tells him.

Jeremy nods, standing up. He grabs his jacket and slips it on. Alvina nibbles at her lip for a moment before speaking up. Jeremy turns to her.

"When Klaus comes to get Elena... Don't fight him," Alvina tells him. She hated how his expression fell but she felt the need to say this. She didn't want him doing something rash at the last second. "He won't hurt you but he's a resourceful man. He'll get her one way or another. Please, trust Bonnie to keep her alive," Jeremy lowers his gaze but nods. Alvina sighs, giving Enzo a look.

"I should get going, Stefan's probably at the house by now," Jeremy says, moving toward the door but Enzo steps in front of him. Jeremy avoids his gaze until Enzo gently pinches his encouraging him to make eye contact.

"We're not going to lose tonight, darling," Enzo promises. "Everything will go according to plan, everyone we love will make it out of this," He states, holding Jeremy's gaze for a moment before pulling him in for a tight hug. Enzo turns his head slightly, kissing the side of Jeremy's head. "I love you,"

Jeremy pulls back, giving Enzo a small kiss before stepping back. Jeremy glances back at Alvina, who gives him a grin. She skips up to him when he opens his arms. He gives her hug a tight squeeze before leaving to find his sister.

"I should get going too, Bonnie's going to be expecting me any minute now,"

"Go, I'll be fine," Enzo assures her. Alvina smiles, wrapping her arms around his waist. He kisses the top of her head before letting her go to find Bonnie.