*Chapter Fifty*

*Instead of making this chapter super super long, I decided to split it up. This is slightly shorter than normal but I'm sure you guys will still enjoy it.*

"Thanks for today," Elena tells both Jeremy and Stefan as they climb out of the car

"Thanks for today," Elena tells both Jeremy and Stefan as they climb out of the car. Jeremy's attention is pulled from his sister as he notices a figure standing a couple feet away from them.

"You got me all nervous," The man says, while Elena and Stefan turn to him. "I thought maybe you'd done something stupid... You ready, my dear?"

"I'm ready," Elena nods, taking a step towards him. Tears fill Jeremy's eyes as his head lowers. He kept thinking about the plan, about his promise to not stop Elena from leaving with him but that didn't make letting her go any easier.

"No," Stefan whispers, grabbing her hand.

"I wouldn't," Klaus warns, strictly forcing himself to avoid looking at Jeremy all together. "No reason for you to die, too"

"No," Elena shakes her head. "Stefan, hey, hey, it's fine. I'll go. No one needs to get hurt. There's no reason for you... For either of you to get hurt," Jeremy glances to his sister. She gives him a small smile stepping away from Stefan to pull him into a tight hug.

"I love you," Jeremy whispers, holding her tightly. A few tears slip down his cheeks as his eyes close.

"It's going to be ok," Elena whispers back. "I love you, too,"

Reluctantly, the two of them pull from each other. Jeremy wipes his face as she turns back to Stefan. She says her final goodbyes to him allowing Jeremy a moment to look at Klaus. His heart pangs even more when Klaus refuses to return the look. 

When Elena steps away from Stefan, Klaus moves to grab her. Unable to help himself, Jeremy steps between him and her. Klaus stops himself just before touching Jeremy, this time he's unable to avoid looking into his eyes.

The tears in Jeremy's eyes along with the desperation within them is enough for Klaus to reconsider his plan. He hates seeing Jeremy like this but he's been waiting for a chance to break his curse for far too long.

Silently, Elena presses her hand on Jeremy's shoulder. His eyes lock with hers. She sends him a smile while walking in front of him. Her hand gives his shoulder a squeeze before Klaus whisks her away.

Turning around, Jeremy follows Stefan into the house. He barely registers Alaric coming into view or Stefan calling his brother.

"Bad time, little bro" Damon grumbles, answering Stefan's call. Enzo shoots him a look before cautiously eyeing a transforming Tyler and the baby vampire.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Doing Liz a favor," Damon shrugs. "Are you still with Elena?" There's a moment of silence.

"Klaus came... He took her," Damon and Enzo share a look. Damon continues with Stefan while Enzo tries to talk to Jeremy.

"Are you alright?" The longer it takes Jeremy to answer, the more anxiety bubbles in Enzo's stomach.