*Chapter Ten* {Family Ties}

"I can confirm that a 12-foot puma mountain lion attacked a hunter and was subsequently shot and killed

"I can confirm that a 12-foot puma mountain lion attacked a hunter and was subsequently shot and killed. The hunter is in stable condition." Caroline's mom, Elizabeth Forbes, announces to the new media.

"Wow, you're not within two inches of Jeremy, someone take a picture" Damon smirked walking into the main room of the Boarding house. Alvina's sitting on the couch flipping through channels.

"Fuck off" Alvina comments nonchalantly. She wasn't really paying attention to him. She's too busy focusing on finding something to watch all the while waiting for Jeremy to text her.

"You know, it's been a long time since we've hung out," Damon said from behind the bar. "You know, just you and me" Alvina smirks and looks at him.

"Jealous?" She wiggles her eyebrows. Damon scoffs but avoids eye contact. "Aw, Dames" Damon rolls his eyes as she stands up and walks over to him. "It'll be a lot easier when you stop pining over a stupid whore and just face the fact that your soulmate is right in front of your face. Then you and I can go on double dates" She winks at him while he gives her a look.

"Elena is not my soulmate" He denies. Alvina smirks and leans on the bar.

"You sure about that?" She whispers staring into his eyes. To a normal person, he'd look indifferent but to her, she could see uncertainty. "Have you checked? All it takes is a light brush of the hand, a handshake, something skin to skin because last time I checked your little mark is E.G., not K.P." She whispers.

"Why don't you let me worry about my mark and who I'm supposedly supposed to be with?" He whispers back with a tight-lipped smirk. "Because last time I checked it was my mark"

"Fine, whatever" Alvina leans back and holds her hands up. "But just know, nobody else can satisfy you or give you as much happiness as your true love." 

"Duly noted" Damon grumbles drowning his drink. Alvina sighs and watches him refill the glass.

"Look, just because you don't want to be with your soulmate doesn't mean I don't want to be with mine. I feel the constant need to be around him, I feel antsy when I'm not. I can barely handle it right now" She said. He raises an eyebrow at her while sipping on his bourbon. "Right now, the bond is strengthening. We won't be able to stay apart for a long period of time even when the bond settles down he's going to be a very big part of my life. So, what I'm suggesting is that you get to know him. We can all hang out together, the three of us. When the bond settles and we can both handle more apart time without feeling this antsy then I'll be more than happy to have some one-on-one BFF bonding" She winks at him. He sighs dramatically.

"And you wonder why I avoid finding my mate," He said. She raises her eyebrows at him. "You're completely whipped," He said making gestures with his hand.

"Yes, I am" Alvina smirks. "There isn't a thing in the world I wouldn't do for him and I love every second of it" she winks at him as he rolls his eyes. Her phone dings and she goes over to it.